Modern and marvelous with high-end brewing capabilities, The Rocket Cellini Premium Plus (formerly the ECM Cellini) is an upgraded machine that promises heat sustainability and efficiency. With a heavy-duty polished stainless steel case, simple design, an E-61 brew group and powerful steaming, the Rocket Cellini Premium Plus is prepared to provide only the best-tasting espresso. Included with the upgraded V2 model is a copper-insulated boiler, dual manometers to sense brewhead pressure and a high-quality metal tamper.
Features & Functionality of the Rocket Espresso Cellini Premium Plus
- Insulated Boiler: Increases heat retention and thermal stability resulting in greater energy efficiency.
- Copper Boiler: A 1.8 liter copper boiler retains the thick lead-free brass and plates and is now wrapped in a special insulating blanket. This reflects up to a 30 percent increase in thermal stability and energy savings of up to 22 percent.
- Upgraded Tamper: These machines now include a metal tamper and are now up to par with the style and quality of the Rocket machine.
- Stainless Steel Case: Finely crafted polished AISI 304 stainless-steel housing is beautiful and highly durable.
- Professional-Class E-61 Brew Head: The legendary E-61 brew group features a solid, lead-free brass end plate that aids in thermal stability and heat retention.
- Dual Pre-Infusion System: Mechanical pre-infusion system has a progressively working piston and static pre-infusion chamber, resulting in smooth coffee extraction and superior aroma, body and crema.
- Vibratory Pump: Pump features a special device to eliminate backpressure from the boiler, preventing blocks.
- Stainless Steel Nozzles: Steam wand with a two-hole tip and hot water wand are internally insulated so you won't burn yourself on them after use.
- Removable Cup Rack: You can pull off the cup rack to reduce the espresso machine's height.
- Large, Easy-Access Water Reservoir: Easily access the 98-ounce water reservoir via the separate lid — you won't have to take all the cups off the top of your espresso machine in order to refill it.
- Low Water Sensor: Level control cuts the power circuit if water is low, with a microprocessor that automatically controls the level of the boiler and water reservoir. A low water level warning will let you know when you need to refill.
- Generously Dimensioned: 20 percent higher volume (compared to other machines on the market) is paired with optimum thermosyphon system to quickly heat up and provide superior extraction.
- Handcrafted: Each machine is unique and hand crafted in Italy. Small warps in the case are normal and part of each machine's unique assembly process.
|Ease of Use||3|
|Overall Value for the Money||5|
|How Does it Compare?||
The Premium Plus produces a perfect shot and steams milk like a pro, but it is not plumbable and features a vibratory pump.
|Width||With Cup Rail: 12.0 inches | Without Cup Rail: 12.0 inches|
|Depth||With Cup Rail: 17.0 inches | Without Cup Rail: 17.0 inches|
|Height||With Cup Rail: 16.5 inches | Without Cup Rail: 15.0 inches|
|Case Material||Stainless Steel|
|Boiler Volume||1.8 liter|
|Reservoir Size||98 oz|
|Steam Wand Type||Traditional Only|
|Boiler Design||Heat Exchanger|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
Submit a question directly to owners of this product and ask what they think about it!
Thanks! Apr 17, 2013
Nick Apr 21, 2013
I too remember seeing a video with a thermometer installed in the E61 group brew head.
A quick google of "brew head thermometer" came up with many hits.
Good luck to your customer. I'd like to know if the temperature makes much difference. With V2, I just try to get the grind to that the right-hand pressure gauge is between 1 and 1.5 and it seems to work great. Perhaps a digital thermometer makes more of a difference with V1? Time works too, though.
Mert Jan 28, 2013
Looking for warranty, care information, or videos of this product? You're in the right place!
Warranty Information for the Rocket Espresso Cellini Premium Plus
|What it Covers:||
Rocket Espresso machines
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Seattle Coffee Gear|
|Warranty Contact Information:||866-372-4734 or email us at [email protected]|
|Notes:||Read more about Seattle Coffee Gear's Warranty coverage.|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||Yes|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes. Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the Rocket Espresso Cellini Premium Plus
- Descale every two to three months. We recommend using Dezcal.
- Clean the brew gasket with a cleaning brush.
- Soap out water tank and drip tray every few days.
- Optional: Perform backflush routine and clean the filter basket each week.
- Keep the stainless-steel casing shiny with a microfiber cloth.
User Manuals for your Rocket Espresso Cellini Premium Plus V2
Videos Featuring the Rocket Espresso Cellini Premium Plus V2
Worth every penny!Review by EspressoJnky
Price Value Quality
We loved our Silvia for five years but it took forever to make two Venti lattes. Finally bit the bullet and purchased the Cellini. Easy to use, great espresso, and fast! Still working on my latte art but this machine is worth every extra penny!
(Posted on 1/11/13)
LOVE this machine!Review by Chets
Price Value Quality
I had been using the Rancilio Silvia for 4 years with little to no complaints other than the fact that it took forever to make lattes/cappuccinos.
After researching a lot of Dual Boiler and HX machines, I finally decided to settle on the Premium Plus V2 Cellini and am in LOVE this machine! Pulls a perfect shot every time. Very easy to use, clean and I always have a good amount of steam available on the fly to make micro foam for latte art. Very Beautiful machine too! Don't have any complaints yet!
(Posted on 6/14/12)
ExcellentReview by Newbie
Quality Value Price
New to espresso but I did a lot of research prior to choosing the Cellini V2. The machine is beautiful, solid and functional. I purchased it along with a Vario grinder and am having a great time learning to tamp, time and dial my shots. I have a long way to go but, even for an absolute beginner, a little bit of preparation results in espresso shots and lattes that beat a well-known chain every time on taste and consistency. My boiler appears to be set at about 0.9 bar but I have plenty of steam pressure and do minimal cooling flushes for the correct brew temperature. I'm not going to fuss over this since higher boiler pressure could mean longer cooling flushes and more steam power than I can currently handle. How is the steaming? Lots of steam but lots of operator error at the moment. I'm going to practice with soap and water until I become proficient. Some could say I should have started with a cheaper machine but, I keep things for years and know I will grow into the Cellini. I love it already.
Easy To Use, Great Taste, Easy To Clean
(Posted on 5/22/12)
Some simple changes for perfectionReview by Kitchen product designer
Quality Value Price
This machine is gorgeous and makes amazing espresso and cappuccino. I think that the accessibility of the lever is too difficult. Although I knew this when I bought the machine I think that the price of this product merrits a reconfiguration of the parts. In the age of kitchen gadgets designed by oxo and Zyliss to be beautiful and perfectly functional I think that all kitchen appliances should take into account optimum ergonomics. In short, Rocket should hire a good industrial designer. Although some features could be more focused on real behavior, rocket hits the nail on the head by creating a machine that is easily repaired with a classic beautiful design.
Great Taste, Easy To Use, Commercial Grade, Quiet, Design built to repair
Messy, Hard To Clean, Components are too close
(Posted on 5/12/12)
Intimidating but it is SIMPLE and EASY.Review by SeattleED
Quality Value Price
I make 2-4 12 ounce Latte every morning, then in the afternoon before and after dinner espresso. We figure that with the equipment cost and the Rocky burr grinder and the cost of coffee etc. it will have paid itself off in 335 days based on coffee shop prices. Best milk pitcher we think is by cafelat. Storing clean empty pitcher in the freezer gives me a few more seconds to have close to velvety soy... yummmmm love this machine. To enjoy the system one thing you MUST DO is watch all the video that comes with it specially from SCG Gail covers everything you will ask about it and all the stuff. Also best customer service ever from store visit experiences we had.
Great Taste, Designed for ease of use, Easy To Clean, Easy To Use, Commercial Grade, Large Water Container
Tamper is not smooth, Plastic cup railing
(Posted on 4/25/12)