Who knew making a cup of coffee could be so much like a science experiment? The Bodum Santos Stovetop Vacuum Coffee Maker takes us back to chemistry class (even its glass construction makes us think of beakers and bunsen burners) with its simplistic style of brewing coffee. The Santos brews up to eight cups and features heat-resistant glass.
How the Bodum Santos Stovetop Works
- Fill the bottom jug with water and place on your stovetop.
- Insert the filter into the funnel, secure the funnel to the tube and place your grounds in the funnel.
- Brew and serve.
- Small but Potent: The Santos brews up to 8 cups (34oz) despite its relatively small stature.
- Easy to Clean: Each component comes apart for easy rinsing after each use.
- Simple: There are no complicated buttons or tiny parts you have to pull out on a regular basis. It's just you, coarse coffee grounds, and the filter.
A Note About Coffee and Cups
Let us break it down for you: Although 8 ounces equals a cup in the baking world, a US cup of coffee is measured at 6 ounces and a European cup of coffee is measured at 4.25 ounces. This is why we sometimes list ounces to paint a more accurate picture of capacity.
- Smooth: The Bodum Santos makes amazingly smooth espresso.
- Science: Using this coffee maker is like watching a science experiment in action!
- Repair: The glass can easily break and the replacement parts are just as expensive as purchasing a new machine.
- Not Traditional Espresso: Because the espresso made from the Bodum Santos Stovetop is steam-driven and not extracted under at least 9 BAR of pressure, it's not considered traditional espresso.
From coffee makers and grinders, to carafes, cups and glasses—every piece of equipment that interacts with your coffee influences its taste. If you're looking to maximize the quality of your coffee equipment, Bodum is the brand for you. This trusted all-purpose kitchen brand designs and engineers a wide range of high-performing hardware to handle every step of the coffee brewing process. Here at Seattle Coffee Gear, we're proud to offer Bodum Coffee Equipment.
Product Weight (lbs.)
Max/Min Ounces per Pot
What it Covers: Bodum coffee presses
Length: 1 Year
Who Supports the Warranty: Bodum
Warranty Contact Information: 800-232-6386
Notes: Glass components and carafes do not have a warranty against breakage, etc.