Is it a boy? Is it a girl? No, it's a brewer! The long awaited younger sibling of the Bonavita 8-cup coffee maker has arrived in the form of a 5-cup! Featuring everything we love about the 8-cup, but in a compact size, the Bonavite 5-Cup Coffee Maker with Stainless Steel Carafe features a cross-shaped shower head for maximum saturation and the widely sought after pre-infusion mode. Want to savor every toasty sip? Brew directly into the stainless steel carafe and twist on the pour-through lid for maximum heat retention.
1-cup + 2-cup: Can brew 1 or 2 cups at a time.
5-cup: Brews 5 cups at a time.
8-cup: Brews 8 cups at a time.
9-cup: Brews 9 cups at a time.
12-cup: Brews 12 cups at a time.
Multiple: Adjusts to brew 1, 5 or 12 cups at a time.
8-cup + 1-Cup: Can brew 8 cups or a single cup at a time.
12-cup + 1-Cup: Can brew 12 cups or a single cup at a time.5-cup
Cone: Works with cone style filters.
Flat: Works with basket style filters.
Pour-over: Works with pour over filters.Flat
- Cross-Shaped Shower Head: The specifically designed shape works well for optimal extraction in petite batches.
- #4 Cone Shaped Filter Basket: Features a standard sized cone shaped filter basket, so you'll never be without filters.
- Pre-Infusion Mode: For optimal flavor, choose the pre-infusion mode to allow degassing before brewing.
- Hefty Carafe: It may be small, but it can hold its own! The well built 5-cup thermal carafe will keep your coffee warm while you enjoy your current cup. Twist on the pour-through lid for maximum heat retention.
- BPA Free: Proud to be toxic free, all plastic parts on this brewer are BPA free.
- Optimal Brew Temperature: Much like it's 8-cup predecessor, this petite coffee maker maintains a precise and ideal temperature range of 195°: 205°F while brewing.
- Still Keeping it Simple: This 5-cup coffee maker stays true to its lineage by sticking to the basics and not offering any programmable options. Sometimes simpler is better.
How Does it Compare?
Besides the overall size difference, the 5-cup offers a cone shaped filter basket, while the larger 8-cup version offers a U-shaped filter basket.
In terms of reliable performance, innovative features and quality coffee at the end of each brew, there are few better hardware companies to have on your counter than Bonavita. Committed to crafting excellent machines that make the coffee brewing process easy and intuitive, Bonavita understands that great coffee comes from a great process. When it comes to user-friendliness, this brand is second to none. Here at Seattle Coffee Gear, we are proud to carry an extensive selection of Bonavita coffee hardware.
13.00 inches (with carafe handle facing out)
Product Weight (lbs.)
5 cups (25 ounces)
Auto Shut Off
Max/Min Ounces per Pot
Max: 25 ounces | Min: 15 ounces (recommended by Bonavita)
Warm Up: Brew Time
Approximately 5 minutes
What it Covers:Bonavita Enthusiast Coffee Makers
Length: 1 Year
Who Supports the Warranty: Bonavita. Warranty covers manufacturer defects only, carafes are not covered unless they arrive with cracks or defects.
Warranty Contact Information: Vendor Claim Form, please visit https://bonavita.co/pages/warranty
Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty? No
Care and Maintenance
- Descale every two to three months. We recommend using Dezcal or Cleancaf for descaling.
- Clean the water tank and lid regularly.
- Soap out the inside of the carafe and brew basket on a regular basis. Use Cleancaf if necessary to remove coffee stains or residue.