- Seattle Coffee Gear 1 Year Extended Warranty - $89.00 value
The Breville Barista Express is an all-in-one espresso machine that combines brewer and grinder from a smaller footrint. This convenient combo creates a simple workflow that is perfect for new users or those stepping up from a more entry level machine. The built-in bean hopper is great for coffee bean storage, and the compact working area makes frothing milk at home and brewing your espresso a breeze. Included tools from Breville like their leveling razor, pop-out tamper, and different portafilter basket options go the extra mile in making this an all around great package. See why so many new espresso enthusiasts love this excellent machine!
Beginner: Simple controls and forgiving pressurized baskets help new users brew better.
Intermediate: For the daily barista looking for finer shot controls and higher machine quality.
Expert: For the espresso enthusiast who needs premium components and cutting-edge brew features.Beginner
Manual: Manual dosing and steaming puts drink quality in your hands.
Moderate: Espresso programming adds consistency to every drink you make.
Automatic: Automated brewing and steaming make espresso even easier.Moderate
Compact: 8" Width or less
Mid-Size: 8-12" Width
Full-Size: 12" Width or moreMid-Size
Single Boiler: A single boiler handles both brewing and steaming.
Double Boiler: Dedicated brew and steam boilers allow for increased consistency.
Thermoblock: A quick-heating boiler alternative for faster warm-up times.
Heat Exchanger: Flash-heated brew water and a large steam boiler lets you brew and steam simultaneously.
Boiler+Thermoblock: A traditional boiler for brewing with a thermoblock for instant steaming.
Double Thermoblock: Two dedicated thermoblocks offer instant brewing and steaming.Thermoblock
- Integrated Grinder: Conical stainless steel burr grinder speeds things up. The new 8 oz hopper takes its design cues from Breville's fetching Smart Grinder.
- Programmable Volumetrics: Set water volume for single or double espressos for consistent water levels with each brew cycle.
- Temperature Control: A built in PID maintains the water temperature at an ideal 200°F during extraction, but you can increase your brew temperature up or down 4°F in 2 degree increments to dial in the perfect shot. An auto-purge function returns the machine to an optimal espresso extracting temperature.
- Razor Dosing Tool: Breville's patented stainless steel dosing tool trims up your portafilter post-tamp for consistent shots every time.
- Energy Efficient: Barista Express automatically enters standby mode after 1 hour and turns off after 3 hours.
- Hot Water Dispenser: A dedicated hot water pipe makes crafting Americanos a piece of cake.
- Basket Options: The machine ships with double and single pressurized and non-pressurized baskets (4 total)
- Stainless Steel Steam Wand: The swivel ball-mounted steam wand allows you to position your pitcher as needed for maximum froth control.
- Dedicated Hot Water Dispenser: This update makes americanos or hot tea a breeze.
- Huge Capacity: 67oz side-access water tank with optional filter.
- Tools Included: New machines come with a perfectly sized tamper, frothing pitcher, cleaning and dosing tools.
- Adjustable Temperature: Adjusting the brew temperature up or down 4 degrees gives you some leeway to fine-tune your shot.
- Coffee Sludge: Despite an upgraded drip tray design, an integrated grinder means superfluous espresso grounds will collect and mix in your drip tray.
How Does it Compare?
This is the latest version of Breville's Barista Express. Updates from the previous BES860XL model include a dedicated hot water dispenser, updated stainless steel conical burr grinder, hopper styling for smoother operation, and an upgraded drip tray.
Tips and Tricks
Run hot water though the brew head before pulling your shot for optimal extraction temperature.
Breville’s range of espresso machines, drip brewers, and grinders seek to make gourmet coffee easier in the home. From the perfect starter espresso machine to smart, powerful brewers, Breville brings something for everyone. Founded in 1932, Breville is known for producing espresso machines, drip brewers, and grinders that embrace usability without sacrificing performance.
Product Weight (lbs.)
Temperature, Dose, Shot Time
Brushed Stainless Steel
Stainless Steel-lined Aluminum
Pressurized and Non-Pressurized
Warm Up: Brew Time
Auto Shut Off
What it Covers: Breville espresso machines, grinders and blenders
Length: 2 Years (Covers Bambino Plus, Barista Pro, Barista Express Impress, Barista Touch, Barista Touch Impress, Dual Boiler, Dynamic Duo, Oracle, Oracle Touch, and Precision Brewers), 1 Year (Covers Bambino, Barista Express, Grind Control, Milk Cafe, and Smart Grinder Pro)
Who Supports the Warranty: Breville USA
Warranty Contact Information: 866-273-8455
Can SCG Repair? Yes (excluding Bambino models and grinders) Read more about our repair services.
Note: Please register your product with Breville for warranty support.
Care and Maintenance
For detailed care instructions, please refer to your machine's user manual. We recommend that you also incorporate the following into your cleaning routine:
- Descale every 2 - 3 months. We recommend using Dezcal.
- Soap out water tank (if applicable) and drip tray every few days
- Keep the stainless steel casing shiny with a microfiber cloth
- Optional: Perform backflush routine and clean the filter basket each week
VideosBreville Dual Boiler and Breville Barista Express with GrinderBreville Barista Express with Grinder vs Rancilio Silvia Espresso Machine
Compare Similar Machines
|Rancilio Silvia Espresso Machine|
As low as $865
|Auto Shut Off||No|
|Boiler Design||Single Boiler|
|Cup Clearance||3 inches|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||3:30 minutes|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|