- Seattle Coffee Gear 1 Year Extended Warranty - $89.00 value
Ready to unleash your inner barista? The Breville Barista Express bes870xl is built to set you up for success. Featuring an integrated conical burr grinder, this machine cuts down the time between grinding and extracting leaving you more time to enjoy the exquisite tasting shots. Professional-grade features include a 15 bar pump, PID regulated temperature control, and swivel mounted steam wand. With its high quality die-cast casing and streamlined design, the Barista Express means business, barista business that is! Skip the line and make delicious coffee drinks at home morning, noon and night.
Beginner: Simple controls and forgiving pressurized baskets help new users brew better.
Intermediate: For the daily barista looking for finer shot controls and higher machine quality.
Expert: For the espresso enthusiast who needs premium components and cutting-edge brew features.Beginner
Manual: Manual dosing and steaming puts drink quality in your hands.
Moderate: Espresso programming adds consistency to every drink you make.
Automatic: Automated brewing and steaming make espresso even easier.Moderate
Compact: 8" Width or less
Mid-Size: 8-12" Width
Full-Size: 12" Width or moreMid-Size
Single Boiler: A single boiler handles both brewing and steaming.
Double Boiler: Dedicated brew and steam boilers allow for increased consistency.
Thermoblock: A quick-heating boiler alternative for faster warm-up times.
Heat Exchanger: Flash-heated brew water and a large steam boiler lets you brew and steam simultaneously.
Boiler+Thermoblock: A traditional boiler for brewing with a thermoblock for instant steaming.
Double Thermoblock: Two dedicated thermoblocks offer instant brewing and steaming.Thermoblock
- Integrated Grinder: Conical stainless steel burr grinder speeds things up. The new 8 oz hopper takes its design cues from Breville's fetching Smart Grinder.
- Programmable Volumetrics: Set water volume for single or double espressos for consistent water levels with each brew cycle.
- Temperature Control: A built in PID maintains the water temperature at an ideal 200°F during extraction, but you can increase your brew temperature up or down 4°F in 2 degree increments to dial in the perfect shot. An auto-purge function returns the machine to an optimal espresso extracting temperature.
- Razor Dosing Tool: Breville's patented stainless steel dosing tool trims up your portafilter post-tamp for consistent shots every time.
- Energy Efficient: Barista Express automatically enters standby mode after 1 hour and turns off after 3 hours.
- Hot Water Dispenser: A dedicated hot water pipe makes crafting Americanos a piece of cake.
- Basket Options: The machine ships with double and single pressurized and non-pressurized baskets (4 total)
- Stainless Steel Steam Wand: The swivel ball-mounted steam wand allows you to position your pitcher as needed for maximum froth control.
- Dedicated Hot Water Dispenser: This update makes americanos or hot tea a breeze.
- Huge Capacity: 67oz side-access water tank with optional filter.
- Tools Included: New machines come with a perfectly sized tamper, frothing pitcher, cleaning and dosing tools.
- Adjustable Temperature: Adjusting the brew temperature up or down 4 degrees gives you some leeway to fine-tune your shot.
- Coffee Sludge: Despite an upgraded drip tray design, an integrated grinder means superfluous espresso grounds will collect and mix in your drip tray.
How Does it Compare?
This is the latest version of Breville's Barista Express. Updates from the previous BES860XL model include a dedicated hot water dispenser, updated stainless steel conical burr grinder, hopper styling for smoother operation, and an upgraded drip tray.
Tips and Tricks
Run hot water though the brew head before pulling your shot for optimal extraction temperature.
Breville’s range of espresso machines, drip brewers, and grinders seek to make gourmet coffee easier in the home. From the perfect starter espresso machine to smart, powerful brewers, Breville brings something for everyone. Founded in 1932, Breville is known for producing espresso machines, drip brewers, and grinders that embrace usability without sacrificing performance.
Product Weight (lbs.)
Temperature, Dose, Shot Time
Brushed Stainless Steel
Stainless Steel-lined Aluminum
Pressurized and Non-Pressurized
Warm Up: Brew Time
Auto Shut Off
What it Covers: Breville espresso machines, grinders and blenders
Length: 2 Years (Covers Bambino Plus, Barista Pro, Barista Touch, Dual Boiler, Dynamic Duo, Oracle, Oracle Touch, and Precision Brewers), 1 Year (Covers Bambino, Barista Express, Grind Control, Milk Cafe, and Smart Grinder Pro)
Who Supports the Warranty: Breville USA
Warranty Contact Information: 866-273-8455
Can SCG Repair? Yes (excluding Bambino models and grinders) Read more about our repair services.
Note: Please register your product with Breville for warranty support.
Care and Maintenance
For detailed care instructions, please refer to your machine's user manual. We recommend that you also incorporate the following into your cleaning routine:
- Descale every 2 - 3 months. We recommend using Dezcal.
- Soap out water tank (if applicable) and drip tray every few days
- Keep the stainless steel casing shiny with a microfiber cloth
- Optional: Perform backflush routine and clean the filter basket each week
VideosBreville Dual Boiler and Breville Barista Express with GrinderBreville Barista Express with Grinder vs Rancilio Silvia Espresso Machine
Compare Similar Machines
|Rancilio Silvia Espresso Machine||Solis Barista Perfetta Espresso Machine||DeLonghi La Specialista Espresso Machine|
As low as $865
$349 Regular Price $479
|Auto Shut Off||No||Yes||Yes|
|Boiler Design||Single Boiler||Thermoblock||Thermoblock|
|Boiler Material||Brass||Stainless Steel-lined Aluminum||Stainless Steel-lined Aluminum|
|Boiler Volume||12 ounces|
|Cup Clearance||3 inches||3.5 inches||4.5 inches|
|Depth||11.0 inches||17 inches w/ portafilter||18 inches with portafilter|
|Height||13.5 inches||12.5 inches||17.5 inches|
|Programmability||Temperature, Shot Time||Temperature, Dose, Shot Time|
|Reservoir Size||67 ounces||2 L||2 liters|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||3:30 minutes||52 Seconds||28 seconds|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank||Reservoir/Internal Tank||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Width||9.5 inches||7 inches||15 inches|