Nothing can ruin the relaxation-inducing ritual of drinking tea like actually having to make it yourself. Watching the kettle boil and timing your brew so you get the perfect flavor is stressful — so let Breville's One-Touch Tea Maker take over to produce an excellent cup of tea at the touch of a button. Preset brew time is available for green tea, white tea, oolong tea, black tea and herbal tea. The glass carafe and stainless steel basket are long lasting for years of tea service.
- Programmable Temp and Timing: Select from several pre-set temperature settings recommended for different types of tea -- green, black, white, oolong or herbal. You can also choose different steeping times based on how strong you like your tea and the type of tea you're brewing, or customize both options to your taste.
- Auto-On: Add your tea and water, select the temperature and steep time and then set the brew time. The brewing will automatically begin at the chosen time, so you can wake up to a fresh cup of tea.
- Magnetic Basket: The brew basket travels in to and out of the water using the magic of magnets! OK, it's not really magic, but the basket is also designed for 360-degree saturation of the tea leaves for an excellent, rich extraction. And we think that's almost like magic.
- Flat Line Brew Temp: The kettle will reach the specified temperature, then you'll lower the brew basket and remove it once the steep time is reached. This results in a richer cup of tea that brews faster than most tea companies will recommend, primarily because it is being brewed at a flat temperature in the kettle and not in a mug with water that is slowly cooling down after being poured.
- Programmable Time and Temperature Based on Tea: You can select the preset temperature and time for the type of tea you're brewing or customize it to your tastes.
- Unique Design: We love the magnetic basket and the dual functionality of the tea maker as a water boiler.
- Auto Start: If you can't get out of bed until the tea is ready, this is a great choice!
- Care and Cleaning: You can't wash the kettle in the sink or dishwasher because of the electrical components on the bottom, so you definitely need to run the cleaning cycle shortly after use to keep the carafe clean; the lack of dishwasher-safe components may be a drawback for some.
How Does it Compare?
The Breville One-Touch Tea Maker is great since it does all of the work for you and makes plenty for a crowd. 51 oz/1.5L water capacity and 41 oz max. tea capacity.
Tips and Tricks
A Note About Coffee & Cups
Let us break it down for you: Although 8 ounces equals a cup in the baking world, a US cup of coffee is measured at 6 ounces and a European cup of coffee is measured at 4.25 ounces. This is why we sometimes list ounces to paint a more accurate picture of capacity.
Breville’s range of espresso machines, drip brewers, and grinders seek to make gourmet coffee easier in the home. From the perfect starter espresso machine to smart, powerful brewers, Breville brings something for everyone. Founded in 1932, Breville is known for producing espresso machines, drip brewers, and grinders that embrace usability without sacrificing performance.
Product Weight (lbs.)
Warranty Information for the Breville One-Touch Tea Maker
What it Covers: Breville espresso machines, grinders and blenders
Length: 2 Years (Covers Oracle Touch, Oracle, Dual Boiler, Dynamic Duo, Barista Touch, Barista Pro, Bambino Plus, and Precision Brewers), 1 Year (Covers Bambino, Smart Grinder Pro, and Milk Cafe)
Who Supports the Warranty: Breville USA
Warranty Contact Information: 866-273-8455
Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty? Yes (Espresso Machines Only)
Can SCG Repair? Yes Read more about our repair services.
Note: Please register your product with Breville for warranty support.
Caring for the Breville One-Touch Tea Maker
- Clean the water tank and lid regularly.
- Soap out the inside of the carafe on a regular basis. Use Cleancaf if necessary to remove residue.