One of our most popular espresso machines, the Rocket Espresso Appartamento Espresso Machine is a truly great option for those ready to level up their espresso game. Hand-built in Milan, Italy, the Appartamento is a space-saving machine that offers a great footprint, a long service life, and excellent performance thanks to its heat exchanger boiler. This heat exchanger allows you to froth milk while you brew espresso from the comfort of your home coffee bar. The E61 group head design also gives you rock solid temperature stability thanks to its constant heat. You’ll enjoy the best espresso beans in the world on one of the best espresso machines in the world with the Rocket Espresso Appartamento!
Beginner: Simple controls and forgiving pressurized baskets help new users brew better.
Intermediate: For the daily barista looking for finer shot controls and higher machine quality.
Expert: For the espresso enthusiast who needs premium components and cutting-edge brew features.Intermediate
Manual: Manual dosing and steaming puts drink quality in your hands.
Moderate: Espresso programming adds consistency to every drink you make.
Automatic: Automated brewing and steaming make espresso even easier.Manual
Compact: 8" Width or less
Mid-Size: 8-12" Width
Full-Size: 12" Width or moreMid-Size
Single Boiler: A single boiler handles both brewing and steaming.
Double Boiler: Dedicated brew and steam boilers allow for increased consistency.
Thermoblock: A quick-heating boiler alternative for faster warm-up times.
Heat Exchanger: Flash-heated brew water and a large steam boiler lets you brew and steam simultaneously.
Boiler+Thermoblock: A traditional boiler for brewing with a thermoblock for instant steaming.
Double Thermoblock: Two dedicated thermoblocks offer instant brewing and steaming.Heat Exchanger
- Rocket Design: A flashy update to Rocket's (already showstopping) design, the Appartamento will draw stares from everyone who enters your kitchen.
- Heat Exchange Boiler: A 1.8-liter heat exchange steam boiler allows you to brew espresso and froth milk at the same time.
- Heated Group Head: A small flow of water off the boiler keeps your machine's group head warm for more consistent shot temps.
- Small Footprint: The reduced dimensions of the Appartamento suit it for small counters and space-restricted kitchens.
- Manual Control: Learn to brew all on your own with mechanical steam and brew controls.
- Three Year Warranty: We're proud to offer three years of parts and labor support for every Rocket machine purchase.
- Quite a Looker: The combo of mirrored steel and fun side-panel cutouts give the Appartamento a distinctly vintage appearance.
- Heated Brew Head: Consistently hot shots in a machine this size? Yes, please.
- So Simple: The classic Rocket Espresso knobs, levers and switches are easy to use and satisfyingly tactile.
- Portafilters: The Appartamento comes with spouted portafilters for both single and double shot use cases.
- Tiny Drip Tray: The Appartamento's drip tray is tiny. Be ready to empty it often.
- Plastic Rack: We wish the cup warmer rack was steel instead of plastic.
How Does it Compare?
The successor to the Cellini Classic, the Appartamento is thinner and flashier with its contrast side panels and engraved piping. Unlike the slightly pricier Premium Plus, the Appartamento lacks a PID.
Tips and Tricks
The Appartamento's boiler heats up the whole machine, especially after extended use. If you are used to bracing the side of the machine when removing your portafilter, the lower half of the machine is much cooler than the top.
About Rocket Espresso
Rocket Espresso produces hand built espresso machines featuring classic elements of Italian design. With heated E61 groupheads that ensure even extraction, to elements like rotary pumps and PID controllers, Rocket Espresso machines are some of the most sophisticated on the market. These machines represent the closest you can get to bringing the Italian cafe to your countertop.
Product Weight (lbs.)
Certified to NSF/ANSI Standards
Auto Shut Off
What it Covers: Rocket Espresso home machines and grinders
- Espresso Machines: 3 years parts and labor
- Grinders: 1 year parts and labor
Warranty Point of Contact: Seattle Coffee Gear, read more about Seattle Coffee Gear's Warranty coverage.
Contact Information: 866-372-4734 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Can SCG Repair? Yes, read more about our repair services
Care and Maintenance
- Brush the brew head filter daily.
- Perform a weekly backflush.
- Soap out the drip tray and water reservoir weekly.
Compare Similar Machines
|Rocket Espresso Giotto Timer Type V Espresso Machine
|Rancilio Silvia PID Espresso Machine
|Breville Dual Boiler Espresso Machine
As low as $1,195
|Auto Shut Off
|Espresso Boiler: 0.3L | Steam Boiler: 0.95L
|Adjustable; 14.75 to 16.75 inches
|PID, Pre-infusion, Shot Time
|PID, Pre-infusion, Shot Time
|Warm Up: Brew Time