You can't help but think of KITT (if you don't get that reference, you didn't watch enough television in the 80's) when you see the Minuto, but there's a reason for that...It manages to be a superautomatic espresso machine and coffee maker, without sacrificing anything for either option. A clever lever on the adjustable spout allows you to switch pressure settings to provide optimal extraction for both coffee (3 bar) and espresso (15 bar). So, if you oscillate between your love of lattes and drip coffee, the Saeco Minuto is your one-stop shop.
Before you make the final decision, keep in mind color is not the only difference between these versatile machines. If you’re a one-touch kind of person, let the silver Minuto Class automatically froth fresh milk with the cappuccinatore. If you like a little more control, select the black Minuto Focus and effortlessly froth milk with the panarello. Either way, you’re a winner in our book!
Features & Functionality of the Saeco Minuto Automatic Espresso Machine & Coffee Maker
- Dual Pressure System: With the ability to switch brewing pressure at the flip of a switch, the Minuto ensures you get the best coffee or espresso, depending on your preference of the moment.
- Adjustable Spout: The adjustable spout is the highest we've seen yet, making it the perfect size for a travel mug if you're taking coffee on-the-go.
- Ceramic Grinder: The ceramic burr grinder guarantees fresh coffee, which is the hallmark of a delicious brew.
- Programming: You can program the 3 drink options (espresso, coffee and large coffee) for length, allowing you to brew at the push of a button.
- Dosing Options: Choose from 5 strength settings, creating everything from a mild to a bold brew.
- Steam & Hot Water: The panarello steam wand allows you to easily steam up some milk for lattes or cappuccinos. If you're in the mood for tea or an Americano, it can also dispense hot water.
|Ease of Care and Maintenance||5|
|Ease of Use||5|
|Overall Value for the Money||4|
|How Does it Compare?||The Saeco Minuto provides the superautomatic espresso functionality of machines like the Xsmall, but also successfully pulls off a coffee preparation. If you're a fan of both drip and espresso, the Minuto can help pare down your kitchen appliances.|
|Tips and Tricks||Ready to program the length settings? Hold down the button for the drink you wish to program until it says "Memo." Let it brew your desired amount and press the drink button again. Ta da!|
|Model Number||Black: HD8775/48 | Silver: HD8772/47|
|Boiler Material||Stainless Steel|
|Reservoir Size||1.8 liters|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||75 seconds|
|Warm Up: Steam Time||20 seconds|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Auto Shut Off||Yes|
|Bean Hopper Capacity||8.8 ounces|
Ask a Question
I'm Italian and I love very short espresso coffee.
Thank you very much!
Warranty Information for the Saeco Minuto Automatic Espresso Machine & Coffee Maker
|What it Covers:||
Saeco espresso machines, coffee makers and grinders
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Saeco|
|Warranty Contact Information:||800-933-7876|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||Yes (Espresso machines only).|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes. Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the Saeco Minuto Automatic Espresso Machine & Coffee Maker
- Descale every two to three months. We recommend using Dezcal.
- Soap out water tank (if applicable) and drip tray every few days.
- Remove the brew group and spray it down with hot water (no soap!) about once per week.
- Wipe the case with a damp rag or sponge.