- Seattle Coffee Gear 1 Year Extended Warranty - $89.00 value
The Saeco Xelsis is a luxury fully automatic espresso maker. Froth milk at home and brew the best espresso beans you can get with this machine’s excellent HygieSteam milk frothing system and built-in grinder. The Xelsis is easy to use, featuring a touch screen interface reminiscent of your favorite smartphone apps. With recipes like lattes, cappuccinos, americanos, and more, you’re sure to find your favorite coffee drink in this machine’s menu. Plus, you won’t have to worry about coffee bean storage with this machine thanks to its large, gently sealed hopper. Maintenance is also a snap - with optional AquaClean filtration extending the time needed between descalings, and easy, guided cleaning programs. Finally, all of this convenience is also beautiful on your countertop thanks to the sleek, modern design of the Xelsis.
Custom Drinks: Customize drink options like strength, volume, and temperature to your drink menu.
Advanced: Program everything from milk texture to coffee flavor profile in addition to basic custom drink functionality.
User Profiles: Save your just-right drink programming for every recipe in an individual user profile.User Profiles
Compact: 10" Width or Less
Full-Size: 10" Width or MoreFull-Size
Carafe: Detachable milk carafe for automatic steaming.
Siphon: A long tube that draws milk from a pitcher or jug for automatic steaming.
Wand: A steam wand that gives you control over milk temperature and texture.
None: No milk steaming capabilities.Capuccinatore/siphon
- Premier Programming: The Xelsis lets you program everything. From milk and espresso volume to dose, temperature, and texture—the only thing holding back your morning drink is you.
- User Profiles: And, once you have your favorite drinks dialed-in, you can save them to your dedicated profile for easy access.
- Touchscreen Control: The Xelsis showcases its programming prowess with an accurate 3.5" touchscreen.
- HygieSteam System: An upgrade to the steam systems of old, the Xelsis' fridge-ready milk carafe packs in texture control and automated purge and clean cycles.
- Refined Ergonomics: From a front-access water tank to adjustable spouts and a scratch-resistant drip tray, the Xelsis brings the best from Saeco's design options.
- Stoked on Sliders: Maybe our coffee love has us biased, but dialing in your drink parameters by the milliliter is an experience we won't soon forget. Control like this is usually reserved for semi-automatic setups.
- Milk, Mastered: HygieSteam is convenient and addresses a lot of our cleaning concerns, but what we're most excited for is the silky microfoam the Xelsis makes. Arguably, this is the best superautomatic milk we've seen yet.
- Premium Feel: Small details like etched buttons, an illuminated water tank, and a fitted gasket at the bean hopper showcase the careful development the Xelsis has been through.
- Saeco Specs: While the Xelsis is a big departure from Saeco's other espresso machines, certain features like AquaClean filtration and user-accessible internals keep it in the family.
- Full-sized: The Xelsis is big for a superautomatic, make sure to check your kitchen for space requirements.
- Long Shot: Our Xelsis' flow sensor was a little short of actual in-cup volume.
- Sacrificing Simplicity: Touchscreens and programming isn't for everyone—especially early in the morning.
How Does it Compare?
While the Xelsis shares its name with an older Saeco model, they share very little in common. Think of the name like car badging, The Xelsis is Saeco's 'M' or 'AMG' model line.
About Philips Saeco
Philips Saeco is a fine producer of superautomatic espresso machines. From offering the best value in the category with the Philips Carina, to best in class performance in the Saeco Xelsis, this is a brand that has refined and developed the perfect user experience for decades. We love Philips Saeco for their machines’ ease of use, quality performance, and AquaClean filtration, which makes maintenance a breeze. Start your espresso journey with Philips Saeco, and explore a whole world of incredible coffee.
Product Weight (lbs.)
Milk Volume, Temperature, Custom Drinks, Favorites, Profiles, Shot Time, Milk Temperature, Milk Foam
Stainless Steel-lined Aluminum
Adjustable; 3" to 6"
Warm Up: Brew Time
Bean Hopper Capacity
Metal and Plastic
What it Covers: Philips Saeco espresso machines
Length: 1 Year; 2 years on the Saeco Xelsis
Who Supports the Warranty: Philips Saeco
Warranty Contact Information: 800-933-7876
Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty? Yes (Espresso machines only)
Can SCG Repair? Yes, read more about our repair services
Compare Similar Machines
|Jura S8 Superautomatic Espresso Machine||Philips 4300 LatteGo Superautomatic Espresso Machine||Miele CM5310 Silence Superautomatic Espresso Machine|
As low as $2,699
Special Price $969.99 Regular Price $999
As low as $1,799
|Auto Shut Off||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Bean Hopper Capacity||10 oz||10 Ounces||7 ounces|
|Boiler Material||Stainless Steel-lined Aluminum|
|Cup Clearance||Adjustable; 2.8 to 6.3 inches||Adjustable; 3.5 to 5.75 inches||Adjustable; 3 to 5 in.|
|Depth||17 inches||17.75 inches||18 in.|
|Height||14 inches||14.5 inches||14 in.|
|Programmability||Milk Volume, Temperature, Dose, Custom Drinks, Shot Time|
|Reservoir Size||60 oz||1.8 L||1.3 L|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||1:06||1:26||1:21|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank||Reservoir/Internal Tank||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Width||11 inches||9.5 inches||9.5 in.|