Is there something off about your coffee, but you can't quite put your finger on it? Are you noticing an unsightly drip around your portafilter? These might be early signs that it's time for a tune-up! If you're ready to do a little handy work, try our Seattle Coffee Gear Tune-Up Kit. Depending on how often you use your machine will inform your maintenance schedule. Typical daily users require maintenance at 3 or 6 month intervals. More occasional users may find that annual maintenance is sufficient.
How to Know When Your Oscar or Musica Needs a Tune-Up:
- Is coffee and/or water dripping over the top edge of your portafilter when pulling a shot? This is a clear sign that you need to replace your brew head gasket. Your portafilter is no longer making a seal.
- Does your pump sound like it's working harder than usual when pulling a shot? This is a sign that your screen needs to be replaced. Your screen will build up coffee residue over time creating more resistance for your pump. Which can decrease the life of your pump over time.
- Does your coffee just generally taste off? Are you having a heard time tasting the difference between two different beans? The brew head area has a tendency of collecting coffee residue left behind from pulling a shot and can have a negative impact on the overall taste of your shot.
Don't fret! Tuning your Musica or Oscar doesn't have to be a chore. Our Tune-Up Kit includes three simple parts to keep your machine in tip-top shape!
- Nuova Brew Head Gasket (02280020.C)
- Nuova Shower Screen (03000066)
- Nuova Shower Screw (00300021)
Note: This kit does not include a descaler. With this particular type of heat exchange boiler, the descaling process must be done by a Nuova Simonelli Certified Service Center.
About Seattle Coffee Gear
Seattle Coffee Gear
Nuova Musica and Oscar
Product Weight (lbs.)