A grinder so simple, you'll feel like a pro! With 60 separate grind settings and easy to read suggestions on the grind adjustment collar, it's simple to grind anywhere from espresso to French Press and back with the Breville Dose Control Pro Burr Grinder.
Features & Functionality of the Breville Dose Control Pro Burr Grinder
- Grind Time Dial: Adjust your grind time for up to 50 seconds of continuous grinding with just a turn of the dial.
- Pause Grind Function: Pause the Dose Control Pro for up to 10 seconds during a grind cycle by pressing the start/cancel button. To start back up, press the start/cancel button again and the Pro will grind the remaining time left.
- Manual Grind Function: Unsure how long it will take to fill your portafilter? No need to guess! Press and hold the start/cancel button and release when you have enough coffee. Easy peasy!
- Grind Settings: The Pro offers 60 different grind settings. From espresso to French Press, you'll find the right grind for the time.
- Adjustable Conical Burrs: The upper burr can be removed and adjusted to grind finer or coarser than the 60 factory settings offered on the grind adjustment collar. For more details on this handy trick, check out pg. 15 of your user manual.
- Removable Bean Hopper: The 12 ounce removable bean hopper with airtight lid holds enough beans for a day or two of brewing (depending on your method) and keeps beans fresh until it's time to grind!
|Suitable Applications||Coffee Press, Drip Coffee, Espresso, Fine Drip / Pour Over|
|Product Weight (lbs.)||4.5000|
|Case Material||Plastic with Metal Finish|
|Bean Hopper Capacity||12 ounces|
|Dosing Options||Timer - up to 50 seconds|
|Adjustment Configuration||Stepped - Macro Settings Only|
|Grinder Style||Burr - Conical Steel|
Ask a Question
So, how can I use the grinder with something other than an espresso portafilter?
FYI - If you're grinding espresso with this, stick to med & light roast. Oily dark roast clogs it up and pulling the plug to reset is a hassle, not to mention the waste from having to open the grind up to get the clog to pass. I grind oily beans at a grind for Moka pots, similar to the La Vazza grind, as it is in their vacuum packed espresso (re: morton salt vs. typical white sugar texture). That grind works ok for the beans and the low-end machine I use, using either the factory spring loaded portafilter or with harder than normal pressure to form the puck when I using my open-bottom portafilter. Otherwise, for oily beans that have to be very fine I'll re-grind a bit finer while I tap the machine to keep the coffee moving though the machine...it does ok if it runs a second pass. -J.
The https://www.seattlecoffeegear.com/breville-smart-grinder-pro does include a grounds container.
Hope this helps!
I have this Breville Dose Control Pro Burr grinder & use it with my moka pot, but now want to buy an espresso machine that will hopefully pair successfully with it. Any & all help is appreciated... thanks!
Warranty Information for the Breville Dose Control Pro Burr Grinder
|What it Covers:||
Breville espresso machines, grinders and blenders
- 2 Years (Oracle & Dual Boiler)
- 1 Year (All other new equipment)
- 6 months (Refurbished Models)
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Breville USA|
|Warranty Contact Information:||866-273-8455|
|Notes:||Please register your product with Breville for warranty support.|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||Yes (Excludes YouBrew)|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes. Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for your Breville Dose Control Pro Burr Grinder
For detailed care instructions, please refer to your machine's user manual. We recommend that you also incorporate the following into your cleaning routine:
- Clean burrs on a weekly to bi-weekly basis, either with a cleaning brush or a burr grinder-specific cleaning product, such as Grindz
- Remove and hand wash bean hopper and lid with warm soap and water as needed
User Manuals for your Breville Dose Control Pro Burr Grinder
- Great grinderReview by Gary
Price Quality Value
- Great for the 11 months it lastedReview by Skycat19
Price Quality Value
I did a lot of research before purchasing this grinder and was well aware of the potential for failure due to plastic internal gears / components. Nevertheless, I decided to take a chance on it because it met all of my other requirements quite well.
The unit lasted 11 months and was replaced by Breville under warranty (I intend to sell the replacement and have already purchased an Ascaso I-1).
Adjustable "enough" for espresso (my machine anyway)
Relatively quiet (as grinders go)
Top Burr removed easily for cleaning
Low profile / footprint
Stepped adjustments are rather large (even using fractions of the numbered increments)
Bottom burr not removable / difficult to clean
The unit was exceptional for most of the first 11 months of use. Ultra-convenient and easy enough to dial in for acceptable espresso.
I was aware of the risks and potential damage to internals if the grinder ever jammed which it began to do after 10 months or so (despite weekly cleanings). Once this happened, it was all downhill with more frequent cleaning required to get a declining number of shots between cleanings. Changed to the least oily beans I could find during its final weeks, to no avail.
Overall, I liked most aspects of this grinder. Unfortunately it is not up to its primary task - grinding coffee beans.
As far as Breville customer service:
They were very responsive and offered to replace the unit (it failed 5 days before the warranty expired). Their processing and delivery is painfully slow, however (approx 2 weeks to receive the replacement, at which time I returned the original).
(Posted on 3/8/2016)