Breville Dose Control Pro Burr Grinder
A grinder so simple, you'll feel like a pro! With 60 separate grind settings and easy to read suggestions on the grind adjustment collar, it's simple to grind anywhere from espresso to French Press and back with the Breville Dose Control Pro Burr Grinder.
- Grind Time Dial - Adjust your grind time for up to 50 seconds of continuous grinding with just a turn of the dial.
- Pause Grind Function - Pause the Dose Control Pro for up to 10 seconds during a grind cycle by pressing the start/cancel button. To start back up, press the start/cancel button again and the Pro will grind the remaining time left.
- Manual Grind Function - Unsure how long it will take to fill your portafilter? No need to guess! Press and hold the start/cancel button and release when you have enough coffee. Easy peasy!
- Grind Settings - The Pro offers 60 different grind settings. From espresso to French Press, you'll find the right grind for the time.
- Adjustable Conical Burrs - The upper burr can be removed and adjusted to grind finer or coarser than the 60 factory settings offered on the grind adjustment collar. For more details on this handy trick, check out pg. 15 of your user manual.
- Removable Bean Hopper - The 12 ounce removable bean hopper with airtight lid holds enough beans for a day or two of brewing (depending on your method) and keeps beans fresh until it's time to grind!
- Extra Goodies - If you've ever owned a Breville, you know they can't resist providing extra goodies to make your life easier. Included with the Dose Control Pro are two separate portafiler holders for hands free grinding; one can hold 50 - 54mm sized portafilters and the other can hold a 58mm sized portafilter. Breville also included an adjustable Razor Dose Trimming tool for a 50mm, 54mm and 58mm sized portafilter.
- Getting Started - Unsure where to start when dialing in your grind? Not to fear! In addition to the grind collar labels and settings, Breville also included a handy coffee chart in their user manual (pg. 14). Based on your brew method, the coffee chart will suggest what type of grind you need (fine, medium, medium coarse or coarse), a suggested grind setting range and the amount of time you should grind.
- Fly-Away Grinds - The coarser the grind, the more likely you are to have fly-aways with the Pro. Having an appropriately sized container (approximately 4 inches tall) that fits under the grinder can help catch some of those free floating fly-aways.
What it Covers: Breville espresso machines, grinders and blenders
Length: 2 Years Oracle Touch, Oracle, Dual Boiler, Barista Touch, Barista Pro, Bambino and Precision Brewer, 1 Year (All other new equipment)
Who Supports the Warranty: Breville USA
Warranty Contact Information: 866-273-8455
Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty? Yes (Espresso Machines Only)
Can SCG Repair? Yes Read more about our repair services.
Note: Please register your product with Breville for warranty support.
Care and Maintenance
- Clean burrs on a weekly to bi-weekly basis, either with a cleaning brush or a burr grinder-specific cleaning product, such as Grindz
- Remove and hand wash bean hopper and lid with warm soap and water as needed
Product Weight (lbs.)
Plastic with Metal Finish
Bean Hopper Capacity
Timer - up to 50 seconds
Stepped - Macro Settings Only
Burr - Conical Steel
Coffee Press, Espresso, Fine Drip / Pour Over, Drip Coffee