Take you espresso to the next level with the Breville Dual Boiler BES920XL Espresso Machine. Designed with the advanced user in mind, the dual boiler sports nearly every prosumer feature in the book, including: Dual stainless steel boilers, two individually programmable PID controllers, an electronically heated 58mm brew group, volumetric shot controls, programmable pre-infusion, classic steam wand, clock with auto-on functionality, shot clock and pressure gauge, dedicated hot water spout for tea or Americanos, stainless steel case, and a front- and back-accessible reservoir with an easy-pivot wheel. You'll never find another machine with this level of functionality.
Beginner: Simple controls and forgiving pressurized baskets help new users brew better.
Intermediate: For the daily barista looking for finer shot controls and higher machine quality.
Expert: For the espresso enthusiast who needs premium components and cutting-edge brew features.Intermediate
Manual: Manual dosing and steaming puts drink quality in your hands.
Moderate: Espresso programming adds consistency to every drink you make.
Automatic: Automated brewing and steaming make espresso even easier.Moderate
Compact: 8" Width or less
Mid-Size: 8-12" Width
Full-Size: 12" Width or moreFull-Size
Single Boiler: A single boiler handles both brewing and steaming.
Double Boiler: Dedicated brew and steam boilers allow for increased consistency.
Thermoblock: A quick-heating boiler alternative for faster warm-up times.
Heat Exchanger: Flash-heated brew water and a large steam boiler lets you brew and steam simultaneously.
Boiler+Thermoblock: A traditional boiler for brewing with a thermoblock for instant steaming.
Double Thermoblock: Two dedicated thermoblocks offer instant brewing and steaming.Double Boiler
- Additional Upgrades: You are now able to adjust the steam boiler temperature at a range of 265ºF – 285ºF, adjust shot length and receive a snazzy dose trimming tool as one of the included accessories.
- Pulse Pre-Infusion: The 15 bar pump first pulses to expand the grinds before extraction begins, providing a balanced espresso shot.
- Programmable Options: Enjoy customizing your perfect cup at the perfect time of day by programming the shot volume and temperature, auto start, clean cycle and clock.
- Advanced Options: If you can’t get enough customization in your life, the advanced options allow you to customize pre-infusion length and power, steam temperature, machine audio, maintenance alerts and temperature units as well as water hardness and shot length. Phew! Now that’s some customization!
- Love at First Sight: This upgraded machine features many of the things we already love about the previous model: Dual stainless steel boilers and Italian pumps for simultaneous shot extraction, milk frothing and optimal pressure. Heated group head for maintaining thermal stability and an electronic PID for temperature control. And lets not forget the backlit LCD, espresso shot clock, pressure gauge, hot water spout, hidden drop down swivel foot and 360º swivel steam arm.
- Gold Standard: The Dual Boiler meets four key elements: Limiting maximum extraction pressure, low pressure pre-infusion, consistent extraction temperature and simultaneous extraction and frothing.
- Longer Manufacturer Warranty: This updated version comes with a 2 year limited product warranty, versus the one year warranty offered on the previous model.
- Muscle Up!: With grounds tamped and ready for extraction, the portafilter requires a little more muscle to lock in place.
How Does it Compare?
This updated version of the Dual Boiler has the same overall functionality of the previous model, but with adjustable steam boiler temperature and in home descaling. The Breville Dual Boiler weighs approximately 30 pounds.
Breville’s range of espresso machines, drip brewers, and grinders seek to make gourmet coffee easier in the home. From the perfect starter espresso machine to smart, powerful brewers, Breville brings something for everyone. Founded in 1932, Breville is known for producing espresso machines, drip brewers, and grinders that embrace usability without sacrificing performance.
Product Weight (lbs.)
PID, Pre-infusion, Shot Time
Brushed Stainless Steel
Espresso Boiler: 0.3L (10 ounces) | Steam Boiler: 0.95L (32 ounces)
Pressurized and Non-Pressurized, Bottomless
Warm Up: Brew Time
8 minutes 20 seconds
Auto Shut Off
What it Covers: Breville espresso machines, grinders and blenders
Length: 2 Years (Covers Oracle Touch, Oracle, Dual Boiler, Dynamic Duo, Barista Touch, Barista Pro, Bambino Plus, and Precision Brewers), 1 Year (Covers Bambino, Smart Grinder Pro, and Milk Cafe)
Who Supports the Warranty: Breville USA
Warranty Contact Information: 866-273-8455
Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty? Yes (Espresso Machines Only)
Can SCG Repair? Yes Read more about our repair services.
Note: Please register your product with Breville for warranty support.
Care and Maintenance
For detailed care instructions, please refer to your machine's user manual.
Compare Similar Machines
|Rocket Espresso Appartamento Espresso Machine||Nuova Simonelli Oscar II Espresso Machine|
As low as $1,750
As low as $1,620
|Auto Shut Off||No||No|
|Boiler Design||Heat Exchanger||Heat Exchanger|
|Boiler Volume||1.8 L||2 liter|
|Cup Clearance||3.5 inches||4 inches|
|Depth||17 inches||16 inches|
|Height||14.25 inches||16 inches; extra height needed for reservoir access|
|Reservoir Size||2.5 L||2.8 liter|
|Recommended For||Coffee Press|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Width||10.5 inches||12 inches|