Sometimes it takes a lot of work and a skilled hand to achieve that rich velvety goodness you crave in a great latte, cappuccino or macchiato. Instead of hard work, Breville has made life a little easier with its Breville Milk Cafe, an auto-frother tailored specifically for espresso and coffee enthusiasts who want to fulfill that foamy fix quick. How does it work? Your milk is spun into a whirlpool of frothy goodness via induction heating, so you're able to control the temperature and size of your drink, plus the amount of froth or creaminess. But the benefits don't stop there: If you're in the mood for a cold frothy drink, press the "Cold Stir" button and Breville's Milk Cafe will stir up the milk sans heat.
- Stainless Steel Milk Jug: Inner measurement markings and a pouring spout make creating drinks easy and precise.
- On-Board Disc Storage: Prevents misplacing the discs that control how creamy or frothy the milk can be.
- Measuring Cap: Measure and add desired ingredients like hot chocolate, cocoa powder, chai tea, syrup, flakes, etc. once mixing has started.
- Cold Stir Setting: Stirs up milk without warming it.
- Safety Features: Comes with a standby mode after 30 seconds of non-use and prevents and protects milk from boiling dry or overheating.
- Hottest Standalone Frother: Not only does the Milk Cafe give you the ability to control the temperature of your milk, but it also tested as one of the hottest auto-frothers, reaching an impressive 170 degrees.
- Variable Temperature Control: Choose the temperature you want. The Milk Cafe will automatically turn off once the milk has reached that specific heat level.
- Large Volume: Compared to other auto-frothers, we've determined the Milk Cafe to hold the most capacity — a whopping three cups.
- Big Footprint: The one negative? This auto-frother takes up a little more space than most compact frothers, but the three cup capacity works well.
How Does it Compare?
The Breville Milk Cafe is the only model with temperature control.
Tips and Tricks
A Note About Coffee & Cups
Let us break it down for you: Although 8 ounces equals a cup in the baking world, a US cup of coffee is measured at 6 ounces and a European cup of coffee is measured at 4.25 ounces. This is why we sometimes list ounces to paint a more accurate picture of capacity.
Breville’s range of espresso machines, drip brewers, and grinders seek to make gourmet coffee easier in the home. From the perfect starter espresso machine to smart, powerful brewers, Breville brings something for everyone. Founded in 1932, Breville is known for producing espresso machines, drip brewers, and grinders that embrace usability without sacrificing performance.
Product Weight (lbs.)
Warranty Information for the Breville Milk Cafe
What it Covers: Breville espresso machines, grinders and blenders
Length: 2 Years (Covers Bambino Plus, Barista Pro, Barista Touch, Dual Boiler, Dynamic Duo, Oracle, Oracle Touch, and Precision Brewers), 1 Year (Covers Bambino, Barista Express, Grind Control, Milk Cafe, and Smart Grinder Pro)
Who Supports the Warranty: Breville USA
Warranty Contact Information: 866-273-8455
Can SCG Repair? Yes (excluding Bambino models and grinders) Read more about our repair services.
Note: Please register your product with Breville for warranty support.
Caring for the Breville Milk Cafe
- Rinse carafe with soap and warm water after every use
- Dishwasher safe