The Major Electronic Low RPM Commercial Burr Grinder from Mazzer is the epitome of what a commercial grinder should be. It handles a huge amount of coffee with a four-pound bean hopper and industrial-grade 83mm burr grinder plates. But it's not all power and muscle, the Major also has a tasteful and attractive steel housing, a well-designed exterior that is meant to take center stage in your coffee shop or kitchen. We think it's safe to say that there's nothing minor about this Major, especially when it comes to the exceedingly fine control and quality the Major allows.
Beginner: Stepped grind adjustments and simple controls help anyone get grinding.
Intermediate: Grinders offering accurate grind controls and programmable dosing for daily coffee drinkers.
Expert: Stepless grind adjustments and pro-barista features make these the top of the line in coffee grinding.Commercial Use
Manual: Manually grind your just-right dose.
Timed: Set a grind time for automatic dosing.
Programmable: Program multiple grind times for extra drink options.
By Weight: A built-in scale weighs coffee as it grinds for a perfect dose.Programmable
Espresso: Designed for precision grinds at fine settings just for espresso.
Coffee: Consistent at coarser grind settings for slow brew coffee methods (no unpressurized espresso baskets).
Espresso and Coffee: Capable of consistent grinding in both espresso and slow brew ranges.Espresso
Stepped: Notched, labeled settings for easy adjustability and repeatability.
Stepless: Precision stepless adjustment allows for micro-changes to grind size.Stepped
- Large Capacity: The sturdy clear plastic bean hopper with finger guard holds holds a whopping 4 pounds of beans.
- Consistent Grind: The 83mm stable stainless steel burr grinders are flat and remove for easy cleaning. Designed to operate at a super low RPM (rotations per minute) so that minimal heat builds up and is transferred to your beans.
- Stepless Adjustment: Features a stepless micro-metrical grind adjustment for total control over the precise grind of your beans.
- Cooling System: The internal fan prevents the motor from overheating and guarantees consistent and uniform coffee grinds.
- Dosing Control: Programmable to grind by time at the push of a button for fresh espresso directly into your portafilter.
- Huge Blades: The giant burr blades ensure that it can handle the large quantities of beans it holds.
- Large Hopper: Super large hopper holds four pounds of beans.
- Nobody Puts Major in a Corner: With large capacity and output comes a huge footprint. This is not a machine that can be tucked under a counter.
- Too Much Machine?: This is a high quality, high quantity commercial style grinder. Make sure the features fit your home needs.
In the coffee world, the Mazzer grinder is truly beloved. Mazzer was founded by Luigi Mazzer, who produced his first grinder using heavy-duty parts in the 1950s. Featuring stepless adjustment for infinite grind settings plus powerful motors and steel burrs, Mazzer grinders are true workhorses that you’ll see in many bustling coffee shops. They’re known for producing consistent, flavorful coffee and espresso grounds time and again, so they’re ideal for commercial applications. Shop for that perfect commercial grade Mazzer Grinder today at Seattle Coffee Gear!
Product Weight (lbs.)
Certified to NSF/ANSI Standards
Bean Hopper Capacity
Programmable Dosing Functionality
Stepless - Infinite Settings
Burr - Flat Steel
What it Covers: Mazzer grinders
Length: 1 Year
Warranty Point of Contact: Seattle Coffee Gear, read more about Seattle Coffee Gear's Warranty coverage
Contact Information: 866-372-4734 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty? No
Can SCG Repair? Yes, read more about our repair services
Care and Maintenance
- Clean burrs on a weekly to bi-weekly basis, either with a cleaning brush or a burr grinder-specific cleaning product such as Grindz.
- Remove and hand was bean hopper and lid with warm water and soap as needed.