- Seattle Coffee Gear 1 Year Extended Warranty - $89.00 value
The Nuova Simonelli Musica Direct Connect is a beautifully designed stainless-steel machine that harbors professional functionality combined with an easy-to-use button interface. It comes in a Lux version with LED lighting surrounding the frame or a version with black lining. As for its espresso-making qualities, a programmed pre-infusion system gets a full extraction from your grind and brews consistent espresso shots every time. The steam wand on this machine is one of the best we've ever seen, featuring an easy to use lever that opens up a high-pressure steam flow so you can master both lattes and cappuccinos. This model is for the users who want to specifically plumb in their machines (most likely in a small cafe or heavy home use). We highly recommend using a filtration system as well.
Beginner: Simple controls and forgiving pressurized baskets help new users brew better.
Intermediate: For the daily barista looking for finer shot controls and higher machine quality.
Expert: For the espresso enthusiast who needs premium components and cutting-edge brew features.Intermediate
Manual: Manual dosing and steaming puts drink quality in your hands.
Moderate: Espresso programming adds consistency to every drink you make.
Automatic: Automated brewing and steaming make espresso even easier.Moderate
Compact: 8" Width or less
Mid-Size: 8-12" Width
Full-Size: 12" Width or moreFull-Size
Single Boiler: A single boiler handles both brewing and steaming.
Double Boiler: Dedicated brew and steam boilers allow for increased consistency.
Thermoblock: A quick-heating boiler alternative for faster warm-up times.
Heat Exchanger: Flash-heated brew water and a large steam boiler lets you brew and steam simultaneously.
Boiler+Thermoblock: A traditional boiler for brewing with a thermoblock for instant steaming.
Double Thermoblock: Two dedicated thermoblocks offer instant brewing and steaming.Heat Exchanger
- Heat Exchanger: The Musica uses heat exchanger functionality, which ensures that each espresso shot is brewed at a consistent temperature to give you the best tasting shot possible.
- Beautiful Interface: The Musica's interface displays beautiful back lit programmable buttons. With intuitive functionality, you aren't left guessing what buttons brew and which knobs steam.
- Professional Portafilter: This machine uses a high quality and durable 58mm portafilter.
- Direct Connect (Plumbed) : This machine is directly plumbed into your water supply; recommended for a small cafe or very active kitchen.
- Great Steam Pressure: High pressure steam gives you the option to froth your milk almost any way you like. The steam handle on this machine is one of the best designed units we have ever seen; no pesky knobs, just a sliding valve.
- Cup Warmer: The top of this machine functions perfectly as a cup warmer, with about enough space to hold nine shot glasses cappuccino cups.
- Excellent Shots: Once you tweak the machine to your liking, it will make drinks just how you want them every time with little to no variation from the settings you have chosen.
- Aesthetics: The Musica has a practically all stainless-steel construction, which looks great on any counter.
- Steam Performance: This machine will have your milk hot and frothed in no time. The actual knob to turn on the steam wand is one of our new favorites. It features a simple slide up and down, which opens up the valve.
- Large Size: The size of this machine is quite large, so you'll need to measure the space in your kitchen.
- Water Reservoir Design: Some users may not like the water reservoir design. The water spigot tends to spray everywhere.
How Does it Compare?
An SCG Crew favorite, the Musica stacks up favorably against any espresso machine out there. And you can't diss the disco lights!
Tips and Tricks
- This unit can be used as an automatic and a semi-automatic.
- The Musica also includes a vibratory pump. To prevent damage on plumbed models, a regulator on the water line is recommended.
About Nuova Simonelli
When you’re shopping for an espresso machine, you have to find the right balance between great features and user-friendliness. Nuova Simonelli espresso machines are a great fit for any user, as they allow even beginner users to pull perfect shots without hours of time spent on training. Seattle Coffee Gear offers a wide range of products from Nuova Simonelli to make sure you get the perfect hardware for your home or business.
Product Weight (lbs.)
Warm Up: Brew Time
Certified to NSF/ANSI Standards
Yes - with adaptation
Auto Shut Off
What it Covers: Nuova Simonelli espresso machines
Length: 1 year (Musica and Oscar II)
Warranty Point of Contact: Seattle Coffee Gear
Contact Information: 866-372-4734 or email us at email@example.com
Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty? Yes
Can SCG Repair? Yes, read more about our repair services
Length: (Gold Plan Required) 2 years parts, 1 year labor
Warranty Point of Contact: Nuova Simonelli USA
Contact Information: 360-366-2226
Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty? No
Can SCG Repair? No
Note: Commercial use espresso machines require Nuova Simonelli Gold or Platinum service plans. Self installation or improper water quality may void your commercial warranty. Call 866-372-4734 to set up your warranty package.
Care and Maintenance
- Soap out water tank (if applicable) and drip tray every few days.
- Backflush the brewhead every couple weeks to ensure the best tasting espresso.
Compare Similar Machines
|Rocket Espresso R58 Cinquantotto Espresso Machine||La Marzocco Linea Mini Espresso Machine|
As low as $5,900
|Auto Shut Off||Yes||No|
|Boiler Design||Double Boiler||Double Boiler|
|Boiler Volume||1.7 L | 0.58 L||0.17 L brew boiler | 3.5 L steam boiler|
|Cup Clearance||3.5 inches|
|Depth||22.75 inches with portafilter||21.00 inches|
|Height||17 inches||15.00 inches|
|Programmability||Temperature, PID||Temperature, PID|
|Reservoir Size||2.5 L||2L|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||15 minutes|
|Water Sources||Convertible - Internal Reservoir or Plumbed in||Convertible - Internal Reservoir or Plumbed in|
|Width||17 inches with PID||14.00 inches|