We like a coffee maker with brains! Arriving on the scene as a newly certified SCAA brewer, the OXO Barista Brain 9-Cup Coffee Brewer is, as the name implies, one intelligent drip coffee maker!
Evenly dispersing the optimally heated water for full grounds saturation, you can brew between two to nine perfect cups of liquid gold, *ahem* we mean caffeine.
Cone: Works with cone style filters.
Flat: Works with basket style filters.
Pour-over: Works with pour over filters.Multiple Brew Options
Auto-On: Can be programmed to turn on at a set time.Auto On
- SCAA Certified: Brewing at the perfect temperature (197.6 degrees F: 204.8 degrees F), this coffee maker bears the SCAA stamp of approval.
- Easy Peasy: A small LED display and dial/button help you quickly and easily start the brewing process.
- Removable Mixing Tube: An silicone mixing tube blends the coffee throughout the carafe as it brews, so each cup is as tasty as the last.
- Pause and Pour: Removing the carafe during the brewing process triggers a pause, allowing you to pour a cup without a mess. Replace the carafe within 60 seconds to resume brewing.
- Wake-Up Timer: Set a time and this drip brewer will automatically start the cycle, so your brew is ready when you are!
- Freshness Countdown: When the brew cycle is complete, a timer will count up the minutes (up to sixty) since the end of the cycle, so you know how fresh your cup o' coffee will be.
- Singing Hot, Hot Hot: As an SCAA certified brewer, the Barista Brain brews at the optimal temperature.
How Does it Compare?
The OXO On Barista Brain 9-Cup is comparable in volume and certification status to the Bonavita brewer or the Technivorm Moccamaster brewers. However, its interface and programmability make it stand out from the crowd.
A Note About Coffee & Cups
Let us break it down for you: Although 8 ounces equals a cup in the baking world, a US cup of coffee is measured at 6 ounces and a European cup of coffee is measured at 4.25 ounces. This is why we sometimes list ounces to paint a more accurate picture of capacity.
You probably recognize the name OXO International as a maker of affordable yet high-quality kitchen gadgets, essentials and cookware. What makes OXO accessories so popular is the fact that they’re made with a universal design approach—meaning they’re designed to fit in the hands of most users—and have high-grip, non-slip handles that help keep you in control. For whatever odds and ends your coffee setup needs, checkout our selection of OXO kitchen gear here at Seattle Coffee Gear
Product Weight (lbs.)
Stainless Steel and Plastic
Auto Shut Off
Max/Min Ounces per Pot
45 ounces maximum | 10 ounces minimum
Certified to NSF/ANSI Standards
What it Covers: OXO On Electrics
Length: 2 Year
Who Supports the Warranty: OXO
Warranty Contact Information: 800.545.4411
Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty? No
Care and Maintenance
For detailed care instructions, please refer to your machine's user manual. We recommend that you also incorporate the following into your cleaning routine:
- Descale when the descaling icon appears
- Clean the filter basket and stainless steel carafe by hand washing after each use
- The outside of the coffee maker can be wiped down with a soft, damp cloth