A home espresso classic, the Rancilio Rocky Doser Grinder offers a tried-and-true design sure to up your coffee game. A beefy motor and full metal housing give the Rocky the solid base it needs to serve you for years of coffee grinding. And with user-replaceable flat burrs, a stepped adjustment system and grind consistency from French press to espresso, the Rocky is a great pick for multiple brew methods. This doser variant of the Rocky offers a great value for those looking to make multiple shots in a row.
Features & Functionality of the Rancilio Rocky Doser Grinder - Open Box
- Commercial Quality Grinding Burrs: The tempered steel grinding plates rotate at super slow speeds to prevent heat build-up, which can ruin your perfectly roasted beans. The hugely productive motor is also insulated to prevent overheating.
- Excellent Home Hopper: The compact hopper is blue-tinted for UV protection of your beans, but still easily see-through for monitoring of your bean level. The hopper holds over .5lbs of beans, and lifts off for easy cleaning.
- 55 Ways to Grind: A twist of the grind dial on the Rocky gives you 55 levels of control over the output of the grinder. The ultra-fine threading allows you the versatility of going from espresso to drip to French press coffee brewing, and every other type between!
- Quiet, Powerful and Safe: Rancilio designs for commercial use, and that means creating motors and grinders that emit as little noise as possible. The Rocky Grinder is no exception, and is one of the quietest available. Safety is just as important, with the balance of the grinding elements designed to prevent rocking and torque. Should the grinding mechanism jam or become overheated, a thermal protection devise shuts it down to prevent damage to the motor or the grinding mechanisms.
- Dosing Lever: Quickly and easily twist out seven ounces of fresh ground espresso using the lever on the side of the Rocky.
|Suitable Applications||Coffee Press, Drip Coffee, Espresso, Fine Drip / Pour Over|
|Minimum Time to Grind Double Shot||20 to 30 seconds|
|Product Weight (lbs.)||19.0000|
|RPM of Burrs||1725 RPM|
|Case Material||Stainless Steel|
|Bean Hopper Capacity||.66 pounds|
|Dosing Options||Programmable Dosing Functionality|
|Grinder Style||Burr - Flat Steel|
Ask a Question
1) Is there any reason to consider the Rancilio MD40 Commercial Grinder over the Rancilio Rocky? This would be for home use-- grinding enough for 3-6 cups espresso per day (Via Venzia machine).
2) With moderate daily home use, can I justify a splurge on the Macap M4 or should I just be happy with the lower priced Rocky since all of them will probably break after a few years use?? Help please! Thanks for all videos. So helpful.
Warranty Information for the Rancilio Rocky Doser Grinder - Open Box
|What it Covers:||
Rancilio espresso machines and grinders
- Home Use: 1 year parts and labor (Silvia and Rocky)
- Commercial Equipment: 1 year parts, 3 months labor
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Seattle Coffee Gear|
|Warranty Contact Information:||866-372-4734 or email us at email@example.com|
The Silvia and Rocky are eligible for SCG's standard warranty support and service. Learn more about what's covered.
All other espresso machines and grinders are covered by a limited, commercial-class warranty. For more information on service and support, please discuss with your commercial sales rep.
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||Yes (Silvia only).|
|Can SCG Repair?||Yes. Read more about our out-of-warranty repair services.|
Caring for the Rancilio Rocky Doser Grinder - Open Box
- Clean burrs on a weekly to bi-weekly basis, either with a cleaning brush or a burr grinder-specific cleaning product, such as Grindz.
- Remove and hand wash bean hopper and lid with warm soap and water as needed.
- Pretty GoodReview by Nick
Price Quality Value
Noisy,Hard To Clean (Posted on 6/4/2012)