Save $90 on purchase of $699+ with code TAKE90!
Rocket Espresso's refreshing take on home espresso just got a new look with the Appartamento Nera! Their much-loved compact machine gets a cutting-edge black powder coat case while maintaining its adorably outsized controls and side panel cutouts in copper or white finishes. Inside, you still get the Appartamento's 1.8-liter copper heat-exchange boiler for brewing and steaming coupled to a heated E61 group for boiler-to-spout temperature consistency. The Nera also includes quality of life features like sprung valves, an electronic water sensor, and an insulated steam wand; making it one of the best compact home espresso machines on the market.
Beginner: Simple controls and forgiving pressurized baskets help new users brew better.
Intermediate: For the daily barista looking for finer shot controls and higher machine quality.
Expert: For the espresso enthusiast who needs premium components and cutting-edge brew features.Intermediate
Manual: Manual dosing and steaming puts drink quality in your hands.
Moderate: Espresso programming adds consistency to every drink you make.
Automatic: Automated brewing and steaming make espresso even easier.Manual
Compact: 8" Width or less
Mid-Size: 8-12" Width
Full-Size: 12" Width or moreMid-Size
Single Boiler: A single boiler handles both brewing and steaming.
Double Boiler: Dedicated brew and steam boilers allow for increased consistency.
Thermoblock: A quick-heating boiler alternative for faster warm-up times.
Heat Exchanger: Flash-heated brew water and a large steam boiler lets you brew and steam simultaneously.
Boiler+Thermoblock: A traditional boiler for brewing with a thermoblock for instant steaming.
Double Thermoblock: Two dedicated thermoblocks offer instant brewing and steaming.Heat Exchanger
- Black Powder Coat: The Nera's case is finished in resilient black powder coat.
- Heat Exchanger: The 1.8-liter HX boiler allows for simultaneous brewing and steaming.
- E61 Group: Boiler-heated and backflushable, E61 groups offer reliable operation and more consistent brew temperature.
- Compact Case: The Appartamento's compact 10"x17" footprint makes it one of the smallest prosumer machines on the market.
- Manual Control: Brew and steam controls are all analog for hands-on brewing.
- Three Year Warranty: We're proud to offer three years of parts and labor support for every Rocket machine purchase.
- Modern Look: The new black case design helps differentiate the Appartamento Nera from the other mostly chrome E61 boxes.
- Excellent Espresso: The Appartamento's prosumer design means that—once you get your technique down—shots will be consistently delicious.
- All Manual: The Nera's all manual control layout encourages you to perfect your barista technique.
- Minimal Updates: The only difference on the Nera is its powder coated case and metal cup rail—and its cost.
Tips and Tricks
While there is an electronic water sensor, make sure to check your tank for enough water before pulling a shot.
About Rocket Espresso
Rocket Espresso produces hand built espresso machines featuring classic elements of Italian design. With heated E61 groupheads that ensure even extraction, to elements like rotary pumps and PID controllers, Rocket Espresso machines are some of the most sophisticated on the market. These machines represent the closest you can get to bringing the Italian cafe to your countertop.
Product Weight (lbs.)
Powder Coated Steel & Chrome
Warm Up: Brew Time
Certified to NSF/ANSI Standards
What it Covers: Rocket Espresso home machines and grinders
- Espresso Machines: 3 years parts and labor
- Grinders: 1 year parts and labor
Warranty Point of Contact: Seattle Coffee Gear, read more about Seattle Coffee Gear's Warranty coverage.
Contact Information: 866-372-4734 or email us at email@example.com
Can SCG Repair? Yes, read more about our repair services
Care and Maintenance
- Brush the brew head filter daily.
- Perform a weekly backflush.
- Soap out the drip tray and water reservoir weekly.
Compare Similar Machines
|Rocket Espresso Mozzafiato Timer Type V Espresso Machine|
|Auto Shut Off||No|
|Boiler Design||Heat Exchanger|
|Cup Clearance||3.5 inches|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||20 minutes|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|