The Rocket Espresso Giotto Timer Evoluzione R brings modernized Italian styling to your kitchen counter. With roots tied to classic E61 machines recognizable the world-over, the Giotto timer sneaks in cutting-edge espresso tech—including PID heat management, energy-efficient boiler insulation, and a minimalist shot timer—into its shining steel case. An excellent balance of user-friendly operation and top-class espresso, the Giotto cools down the overhot E61 group with a flow restrictor that requires less flushing and pairs it with a 1.8-liter insulated heat-exchange boiler that lets you brew and steam at the same time. Driven by a commercial-class rotary pump, the Evoluzione series can be run directly from your kitchen water line, letting you skip the refills and stick with the espresso. The Giotto Timer is more than its components; careful design choices give you all the tools you need for excellent espresso without sacrificing the luxurious look of your machine.
Beginner: Simple controls and forgiving pressurized baskets help new users brew better.
Intermediate: For the daily barista looking for finer shot controls and higher machine quality.
Expert: For the espresso enthusiast who needs premium components and cutting-edge brew features.Intermediate
Manual: Manual dosing and steaming puts drink quality in your hands.
Moderate: Espresso programming adds consistency to every drink you make.
Automatic: Automated brewing and steaming make espresso even easier.Manual
Compact: 8" Width or less
Mid-Size: 8-12" Width
Full-Size: 12" Width or moreFull-Size
Single Boiler: A single boiler handles both brewing and steaming.
Double Boiler: Dedicated brew and steam boilers allow for increased consistency.
Thermoblock: A quick-heating boiler alternative for faster warm-up times.
Heat Exchanger: Flash-heated brew water and a large steam boiler lets you brew and steam simultaneously.
Boiler+Thermoblock: A traditional boiler for brewing with a thermoblock for instant steaming.
Double Thermoblock: Two dedicated thermoblocks offer instant brewing and steaming.Heat Exchanger
- Shot Timer: Built into the face of the machine, this low-profile screen shows your shot time automatically.
- Brew and Steam: A classic heat-exchanger design lets you pull a shot while steaming milk.
- Convertible: A quiet rotary pump makes it easy to plumb your machine into your kitchen water line.
- PID Efficiency: Electronic heat management offers a tighter temperature band and easy adjustments on-the-fly.
- Adjustable Height: The Giotto offers removable foot extensions and cup rails, letting you drop the total height up to 2 inches.
- Insulated Boiler: Boiler insulation aids with temperature stability and energy saving.
- Hidden Modernity: Rocket Espresso does an excellent job of giving you technology without requiring you to look at chunky plastics or bright LEDs. The new shot timer is small and unobtrusive, while the PID controller is hidden behind the drip tray—only use it when you need it.
- Excellent Espresso: You'd expect a machine at this price to make some good coffee, but its hard to overstate how well its flow restrictor/PID combo works to make shots more consistent.
- Room to Grow: Simple to use right out of the box, the Evoluzione Timer offers easy access to temp management and optional plumbing for more advanced home baristas.
- Cleaning Required: A fingerprint-craving steel case, ridged drip tray, and spluttery hot water wand require you to keep up on cleaning to keep your Giotto Timer looking good.
How Does it Compare?
The Evoluzione line of machines offers optional plumbing, while Type V is reservoir-only.
About Rocket Espresso
Rocket Espresso produces hand built espresso machines featuring classic elements of Italian design. With heated E61 groupheads that ensure even extraction, to elements like rotary pumps and PID controllers, Rocket Espresso machines are some of the most sophisticated on the market. These machines represent the closest you can get to bringing the Italian cafe to your countertop.
GIOTTO CRONOMETRO R
Adjustable 14.75 to 16.75 inches
Product Weight (lbs.)
Warm Up: Brew Time
Certified to NSF/ANSI Standards
Convertible - Internal Reservoir or Plumbed in
Auto Shut Off
What it Covers: Rocket Espresso home machines and grinders
- Espresso Machines: 3 years parts and labor
- Grinders: 1 year parts and labor
Warranty Point of Contact: Seattle Coffee Gear, read more about Seattle Coffee Gear's Warranty coverage.
Contact Information: 866-372-4734 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Can SCG Repair? Yes, read more about our repair services
Care and Maintenance
- Brush the brew head filter daily.
- Perform a weekly backflush.
- Soap out the drip tray and water reservoir weekly.
Compare Similar Machines
|Rocket Espresso Giotto Timer Type V Espresso Machine||Rocket Espresso R58 Cinquantotto Espresso Machine|
Special Price $2,150 Regular Price $2,350
Special Price $3,100 Regular Price $3,300
|Auto Shut Off||No||Yes|
|Boiler Design||Heat Exchanger||Double Boiler|
|Boiler Volume||1.8 L||1.7 L | 0.58 L|
|Cup Clearance||3.5 inches||3.5 inches|
|Depth||16.5 inches||22.75 inches with portafilter|
|Height||Adjustable; 14.75 to 16.75 inches||17 inches|
|Reservoir Size||2.5 L||2.5 L|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||20 minutes|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank||Convertible - Internal Reservoir or Plumbed in|
|Width||13.2 inches||17 inches with PID|