Heritage design meets modern accoutrements with the Rocket Espresso Giotto Timer Type V. A classic E61 design in a stainless steel case belies the technology packed inside, offering the best of both classic design notions and usability. Features like a built-in shot timer, hidden PID controller, and group flow restrictors elevate the Giotto Timer's functionality beyond standard espresso machines—all without sacrificing the machine's style. Simultaneous brewing and steaming, efficient heat management, and high-powered steaming combine to make a machine as easy to use as it is to look at.
Beginner: Simple controls and forgiving pressurized baskets help new users brew better.
Intermediate: For the daily barista looking for finer shot controls and higher machine quality.
Expert: For the espresso enthusiast who needs premium components and cutting-edge brew features.Intermediate
Manual: Manual dosing and steaming puts drink quality in your hands.
Moderate: Espresso programming adds consistency to every drink you make.
Automatic: Automated brewing and steaming make espresso even easier.Manual
Compact: 8" Width or less
Mid-Size: 8-12" Width
Full-Size: 12" Width or moreFull-Size
Single Boiler: A single boiler handles both brewing and steaming.
Double Boiler: Dedicated brew and steam boilers allow for increased consistency.
Thermoblock: A quick-heating boiler alternative for faster warm-up times.
Heat Exchanger: Flash-heated brew water and a large steam boiler lets you brew and steam simultaneously.
Boiler+Thermoblock: A traditional boiler for brewing with a thermoblock for instant steaming.
Double Thermoblock: Two dedicated thermoblocks offer instant brewing and steaming.Heat Exchanger
- Built by Hand: The Giotto Timer Type V is designed and built by hand in Milan, Italy.
- Shot Timer: A mini shot timer adds extra functionality without affecting the classic face of the machine.
- PID Controller: Placed behind the drip tray, this PID controller replaces the pressurestat of other machine and offers more stable temperatures in the steam boiler.
- Steel Case: The Giotto's bold, angular case, removable cup rail, drip tray and feet are all a rust-resistant stainless steel.
- Heat-exchange Boiler: A 1.8-liter steam boiler with a cold water tube running through it pulls water fresh from the reservoir. Steam pressure is calibrated at the factory to passively heat water to ideal brew temp.
- See in Augmented Reality: Click Here on your mobile device.
- Shot Timer: A minute shot timer mounted low on the case adds extra usability without dominating the face of the machine.
- Easy Brewing: Rocket's minorly-modified E61 design makes for soft, repeatable shots—without sacrificing on taste.
- Dramatic: The Giotto's sloping side panels add a dash of Italian flair to the machine's looks.
- Shiny and Chrome: Keep a microfiber cloth handy to keep your machine looking bright and clean.
About Rocket Espresso
Rocket Espresso produces hand built espresso machines featuring classic elements of Italian design. With heated E61 groupheads that ensure even extraction, to elements like rotary pumps and PID controllers, Rocket Espresso machines are some of the most sophisticated on the market. These machines represent the closest you can get to bringing the Italian cafe to your countertop.
GIOTTO CRONOMETRO V
Adjustable; 14.75 to 16.75 inches
Product Weight (lbs.)
Warm Up: Brew Time
Certified to NSF/ANSI Standards
Auto Shut Off
What it Covers: Rocket Espresso home machines and grinders
- Espresso Machines: 3 years parts and labor
- Grinders: 1 year parts and labor
Warranty Point of Contact: Seattle Coffee Gear, read more about Seattle Coffee Gear's Warranty coverage.
Contact Information: 866-372-4734 or email us at email@example.com
Can SCG Repair? Yes, read more about our repair services
Care and Maintenance
- Brush the brew head filter daily.
- Perform a weekly backflush.
- Soap out the drip tray and water reservoir weekly.
Compare Similar Machines
|Rocket Espresso Appartamento Espresso Machine||Rocket Espresso Giotto Timer Evoluzione R Espresso Machine||Nuova Simonelli Musica Espresso Machine|
As low as $1,850
Special Price $2,650 Regular Price $2,850
As low as $2,495
|Auto Shut Off||No||No||No|
|Boiler Design||Heat Exchanger||Heat Exchanger||Heat Exchanger|
|Boiler Volume||1.8 L||1.8L||2 liter|
|Cup Clearance||3.5 inches||3.5 inches||3.5 inches|
|Depth||17 inches||16.5 inches||16.0 inches|
|Height||14.25 inches||Adjustable 14.75 to 16.75 inches||16.75 inches|
|Reservoir Size||2.5 L||2.5 L||3 liter|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||20 minutes||25 minutes|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank||Convertible - Internal Reservoir or Plumbed in||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Width||10.5 inches||13.2 inches||12.75 inches|