Equipped with all of the great features that make the Mozzafiato Type V an Italian classic, the Mozzafiato Timer Evoluzione R from Rocket Espresso is truly one of the best Italian espresso machines available. This hand-made machine uses a heat exchanger boiler to ensure that you can pull the perfectly extracted espresso shot and froth milk simultaneously. WIth a heated E61 group head you’ll also get excellent temperature stability. This is helped even further by the Mozzafiato’s easy to access and use PID controller. A built in shot timer helps you dial-in those tricky shots, but still blends seamlessly into the machine’s beautiful casing. Finally, the Evoluzione R model of this machine uses a commercial grade rotary pump, allowing you to plumb in a water line direcctly to the espresso machine. Look no further, your tool for brewing your favorite espresso beans is right here!
Beginner: Simple controls and forgiving pressurized baskets help new users brew better.
Intermediate: For the daily barista looking for finer shot controls and higher machine quality.
Expert: For the espresso enthusiast who needs premium components and cutting-edge brew features.Intermediate
Manual: Manual dosing and steaming puts drink quality in your hands.
Moderate: Espresso programming adds consistency to every drink you make.
Automatic: Automated brewing and steaming make espresso even easier.Manual
Compact: 8" Width or less
Mid-Size: 8-12" Width
Full-Size: 12" Width or moreFull-Size
Single Boiler: A single boiler handles both brewing and steaming.
Double Boiler: Dedicated brew and steam boilers allow for increased consistency.
Thermoblock: A quick-heating boiler alternative for faster warm-up times.
Heat Exchanger: Flash-heated brew water and a large steam boiler lets you brew and steam simultaneously.
Boiler+Thermoblock: A traditional boiler for brewing with a thermoblock for instant steaming.
Double Thermoblock: Two dedicated thermoblocks offer instant brewing and steaming.Heat Exchanger
- Hand-Made: Meticulously Crafted in Milan, each Rocket machine is a unique piece of espresso artwork.
- Integrated Timer: A case-fit timer lets you check your shot time automatically.
- PID Temp Management: Boiler temperature is monitored electronically with a PID controller and SSR combo.
- Heat-Exchanger: Brew water temp is managed passively, enabling brewing and steaming simultaneously.
- Plumbable: An in-case rotary pump offers quieter operation and enables plumbing from your home water line.
- Insulated Boiler: Boiler insulation makes for better heat retention and less wasted power.
- Shot Timer!: Small and silvery, the new shot timer offers extra usability without subtracting from the looks of the machine.
- Plumbable: The option to plumb in your machine is nice, especially if you can think of a long-term place for it in your kitchen or bar.
- Cleaning Required: Bright chrome attracts fingerprints—keep a microfiber cloth handy.
How Does it Compare?
Near-identical to the previous Mozzafiato, this version integrates a timer into the case without taking up too much space. Actuation is automatic with the opening up of the brew lever.
About Rocket Espresso
Rocket Espresso produces hand built espresso machines featuring classic elements of Italian design. With heated E61 groupheads that ensure even extraction, to elements like rotary pumps and PID controllers, Rocket Espresso machines are some of the most sophisticated on the market. These machines represent the closest you can get to bringing the Italian cafe to your countertop.
MOZZAFIATO CRONOMETRO R
Product Weight (lbs.)
Warm Up: Brew Time
Certified to NSF/ANSI Standards
Convertible - Internal Reservoir or Plumbed in
Auto Shut Off
What it Covers: Rocket Espresso home machines and grinders
- Espresso Machines: 3 years parts and labor
- Grinders: 1 year parts and labor
Warranty Point of Contact: Seattle Coffee Gear, read more about Seattle Coffee Gear's Warranty coverage.
Contact Information: 866-372-4734 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Can SCG Repair? Yes, read more about our repair services
Care and Maintenance
- Brush the brew head filter daily.
- Perform a weekly backflush.
- Soap out the drip tray and water reservoir weekly.
Compare Similar Machines
|Rocket Espresso Mozzafiato Timer Type V Espresso Machine||Rocket Espresso R58 Cinquantotto Espresso Machine|
Special Price $2,200 Regular Price $2,400
Special Price $3,100 Regular Price $3,300
|Auto Shut Off||No||Yes|
|Boiler Design||Heat Exchanger||Double Boiler|
|Boiler Volume||1.8L||1.7 L | 0.58 L|
|Cup Clearance||3.5 inches||3.5 inches|
|Depth||16.75 inches||22.75 inches with portafilter|
|Height||15.75 inches||17 inches|
|Reservoir Size||2.5L||2.5 L|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||20 minutes|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank||Convertible - Internal Reservoir or Plumbed in|
|Width||11 inches||17 inches with PID|