Rocket Espresso's answer for cafés the world-over, the R9 automatic espresso machine offers a design dedicated for individual control of each brew group. Each group head has its own 1.9-liter brew boiler, variable temperature PID, shot timer, and automatic control cluster. Supporting this granular system is a massive steam boiler equipped with sensitive pressure transducers that help reduce recovery times for your busiest mornings. Of course, the service-ready design of the internals come wrapped in Rocket Espresso's sturdy polished steel casing.
- Dedicated Boilers: individual brew boilers for each group and a large quick-recovery steam boiler offer consistent temperatures all day long.
- Executive Electronics: PID temperature control for each boiler, high-tech transducer pressure sensors and automatic shot timers make the R9 easy to use for busy baristas.
- Cooltouch Steam Wands: No more burnt fingers! These steam wands can be grabbed without worry even under high use.
- Stainless Steel Elegance: The R9 features a high quality polished stainless steel body that defines Rocket Espresso.
- Barista Basics: Tall feet and a low control stance put the R9 control cluster within easy reach. No-burn steam wands are easy to clean and save precious minutes when it counts.
- Consistency: Consistency is more than a good drink. Consistency is the same drink at any time of day and after any number of preceding shots before it. Dedicated brew boilers and responsive pressure sensors go a long way in making the R9 an ideal machine for professional coffeeshops.
- Technology Where it Counts: And simplicity everywhere else. Variable temperatures at each brew boiler let you find the right setting for different roasts and blends. Clean, simple automatic controls are easy to find and offer solid travel with each button press; steam levers are big and solid. And that is it. There's no tempting pressure profiling, no steam modes and no helping-hand frothing wands.
- Fresh and Clean: Almost demure next to competitor's bright cases and daring shapes, the R9 offers unmarred steel and unassuming lines. You'll find it a good fit with any layout and every cafe theme.
- Furniture: Black cup warmer mats and steam handle grips don't offer the same fit and finish as the stainless steel case.
- The Price of Polish: Fingerprint magnet is putting it lightly, you'll be polishing the R9's body. A lot.
About Rocket Espresso
Rocket Espresso produces hand built espresso machines featuring classic elements of Italian design. With heated E61 groupheads that ensure even extraction, to elements like rotary pumps and PID controllers, Rocket Espresso machines are some of the most sophisticated on the market. These machines represent the closest you can get to bringing the Italian cafe to your countertop.
2 Group: 19.6" | 3 Group: 19.6"
2 Group: 30" | 3 Group: 39"
2 Group: 23.2" | 3 Group: 23.2"
2 Group: 5900W | 3 Group: 7700W
2 Group: 220V | 3 Group: 220V
Product Weight (lbs.)
2 Group: 2x 1.9 L brew boilers; 9 L steam boiler | 3 Group: 3x 1.9 L brew boilers; 12 L steam boiler
What it Covers: Rocket Espresso commercial machines
Length: 1 year parts, 90 days labor
Warranty Point of Contact: Seattle Coffee Gear, read more about Seattle Coffee Gear's Warranty coverage.
Contact Information: 866-372-4734 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Can SCG Repair? Yes, read more about our repair services
Note: Self installation or improper water quality may void your commercial warranty. Please discuss with your commercial sales rep for more information.
Care and Maintenance
- Backflush daily using Cafiza or similar detergent
- Wipe down steam wand regularly to prevent milk from sticking, clean with product like Rinza daily
- Polish case with clean microfiber cloth.