Minimal effort with maximum results. Brew once and have a carafe of cold coffee concentrate that stays fresh for up to 2 weeks with the Toddy Cold Brew System.
How the Toddy Cold Brew System Works:
- Insert Stopper: Insert stopper from the outside of the brewing container. Adding the stopper from the outside of the container will allow you to remove and release concentrate when the container is full of coffee grounds.
- Insert Reusable Filter: Dampen the reusable filter and insert it into the inside bottom of the brewing container.
- Add Water and Coffee: Add approximately 1 cup of water into the bottom of the brewing container. Next, add approximately 6 ounces of coursely ground coffee. Then, in a circular motion slowly pour 3 more cups of water over the coffee grounds. Once complete, add 6 more ounces of coarsely ground coffee. Lastly, wait 5 minutes and then slowly add the last 3 cups of water.
- Do Not Stir: Toddy recommends not stirring the grounds, as this may clog the filter.
- Lightly Press: Since you are not able to stir, Toddy recommends lightly pressing on the topmost grounds with the back of a spoon to help completely saturate the coffee grounds.
- Brew and Wait: Allow the coffee grounds to steep for 12 - 24 hours.
- Drain: Once steeping is complete, place the container on top of the open glass decanter and remove the stopper from the bottom of the brewing container. Allow the coffee concentrate to fully drain into the glass container. The coffee concentrate will stay fresh for up to two weeks in your refrigerator.
- Enjoy!: Because the Toddy brews a concentrate, you will want to add either cold or hot water or milk to make a deliciously smooth drink. Sit back and enjoy the fruits of your labor!.
|Ease of Use||5|
|Ease of Care and Maintenance||4|
|Overall Value for the Money||4|
|Tips and Tricks||
The brewing container and decanter are dishwasher safe, but the reusable filters must be rinsed after each use with filtered water and no soap. Once rinsed, Toddy recommends placing the damp filter in a zip bag and then placing the bag in the refrigerator or freezer for maximum freshness.
|Width||Brewing Container: 7.00 inches | Glass Decanter: 5.00 inches|
|Depth||Brewing Container: 8.50 inches (including removable handle) | Glass Decanter: 5.00 inches|
|Height||Brewing Container: 8.50 inches | Glass Decanter: 8.50 inches|
|Product Weight (lbs.)||1.5000|
|Material||Plastic and Glass|
Ask a Question
Warranty Information for the Toddy Cold Brew System
|What it Covers:||
Home and commercial systems and their components
|Who Supports the Warranty:||Seattle Coffee Gear|
|Warranty Contact Information:||866.372.4734|
|Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty?||No|
- Overall Great Product!Review by Barista45
Quality Price Value