Baratza Encore ESP Coffee and Espresso Grinder
A dream come true, the Baratza Encore ESP is the entry level all-purpose grinder home baristas have always wanted. Ever capable of grinding great coffee for pour over or other manual brew methods, the Encore lacked the micro-adjustability needed for espresso. So what makes the Encore ESP capable of espresso? Baratza’s engineers reinvented their micro and macro adjustment mechanism, adapting and simplifying it in the process. The first 20 settings for the Encore ESP make micro adjustments suitable for dialing in espresso while the last 20 settings make larger macro steps to cover the rest of the grind size range. The result is an intuitive adjustment mechanism that makes swapping between different brew methods reliably a breeze. Baratza even included their M2 conical burr for maximum flavor greatness. Use the new included dosing cup to catch the ground coffee and transfer to your portafilter for espresso making and swap to the classic catch bin for your other brew methods. The Baratza Encore ESP is a great choice for beginner home coffee baristas or even more advanced users looking for compact all-purpose grinder.
Beginner: Stepped grind adjustments and simple controls help anyone get grinding.
Intermediate: Grinders offering accurate grind controls and programmable dosing for daily coffee drinkers.
Expert: Stepless grind adjustments and pro-barista features make these the top of the line in coffee grinding.Beginner
Manual: Manually grind your just-right dose.
Timed: Set a grind time for automatic dosing.
Programmable: Program multiple grind times for extra drink options.
By Weight: A built-in scale weighs coffee as it grinds for a perfect dose.Manual
Espresso: Designed for precision grinds at fine settings just for espresso.
Coffee: Consistent at coarser grind settings for slow brew coffee methods (no unpressurized espresso baskets).
Espresso and Coffee: Capable of consistent grinding in both espresso and slow brew ranges.Coffee + Espresso
Stepped: Notched, labeled settings for easy adjustability and repeatability.
Stepless: Precision stepless adjustment allows for micro-changes to grind size.Stepped
- Jack of All Trades: Truly all-purpose grinders are few and far between, but this re-engineered fave is perfect anyone looking for an entry level grinder capable of making great espresso and drip coffee with ease.
- Micro to Macro: To achieve the perfect espresso grind size, settings 1-20 make miniscule adjustments in the espresso range. The jumps between settings 21-40 are large to cover the adjustments for other brew methods
- Upgraded Burr: The Encore ESP comes stock with Baratza’s famed M2 conical for superior grind quality and uniformity.
- Dosing Options: Baratza’s new low static dosing cup will fit 54mm portafilters or 58mm portafilters with an included adapter ring. Switch to the classic dosing bin for manual brew methods like drip or pour over.
- Keep It Clean: Retaining the easily removable hopper and ring burr, the cone burr is held in place with a new quick release that makes clearing clogs easier than ever.
- Still Simple: We loved the simplicity of the original Encore, and Baratza maintained everything we loved about it while adding to its already capable design.
- Don’t Dump It, Fix It: Baratza’s commitment to repairability remains strong. If your grinder stops working for any reason, reach out the Baratza’s experts for help and service.
- Range and Repeatability: The Encore ESP is exceptional at switching between grind sizes without the need to dial in again. You’ll be coming back for more coffee since there’s no extra hassle.
- Classic Sound: Just like it’s predecessor, the Encore ESP isn’t the quietest grinder, but hey the point of making coffee is to wake up, anyway.
Tips and Tricks
If you plan on switching brew methods often, we recommend weighing out doses and then grinding rather than keeping the hopper full. Remember to purge a few extra grams, though, to account for retention.
Few companies can balance quality and affordability quite like Baratza. Headquartered in Bellevue, Washington, Baratza continues to improve and innovate while also leading the industry in customer focus and support. Baratza’s catalog of grinders includes everything from simple, efficient drip coffee grinders all the way up to precise and powerful per-shot espresso grinders. Featuring technology like grind to weight and a range of burr sizes and styles, there’s a Baratza for everyone.
Certified to NSF/ANSI Standards
Bean Hopper Capacity
Stepped - Macro and Micro Settings
Burr - Conical Steel
Metal and Plastic
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals, including Chromium, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and/or reproductive harm. For more information, visit www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
What it Covers: Grinders
Length: 1 Year
Who Supports the Warranty: Baratza
Warranty Contact Information: 877-701-2021
Notes: Baratza has excellent troubleshooting resources on their website. If you're experiencing an issue with your grinder, definitely look here first.
Can SCG Repair? No, Tune-up Only read more about our repair services