Hario's Skerton Pro offers high-quality grinds at an introductory price. The original Skerton is known the world-over for being an excellent entry point for craft coffee brewing. The Skerton Pro seeks to improve consistency with a stabilized upper burr and a spring loaded lower burr, while moving the grind adjust to the lower burr assembly for easier adjustments. Ergonomics also see an improvement with a wider, silicone grip for easier grinding.
- Burr Stabilizers: A grind shaft bushing and lower burr spring help to keep the grind more consistent at coarser settings.
- Stepped Grind Adjust: Borrowing from the smaller Hario Mini Mill, the Skerton Pro moves its grind adjust below the burrs for easy access to grind adjustments.
- Standard Threads: Just like the original Skerton, the Skerton Pro threads onto regular Ball jars.
- Reinforced Handle: A solid cast hexagonal grinder handle feels sturdier and less likely to wear than the original.
- Silicon Grip: Wider and grippier, the Skerton Pro feels more stable during grinding.
- More Consistent: The changes made to the burrs and center shaft definitely make the Skerton Pro more consistent across grind settings.
- Still Affordable: While slightly more expensive than the Skerton, the new Pro is still an easy pick for beginning baristas.
- French Press: While more consistent overall, grinding for French press still had a few too many fines.
Founded in 1921 in Japan as a manufacturer of heatproof glass, Hario is synonymous with innovative, high-quality coffee and tea equipment. You’re probably familiar with the iconic Hario coffee dripper—the Hario V60—but this cutting-edge company also produces a suite of portable hand grinders, coffee presses, servers, decanters, drip pots and other great accessories. Explore our selection at Seattle Coffee Gear for our favorite handpicked Hario products.
Product Weight (lbs.)
Bean Hopper Capacity
Stepped - Macro Settings Only
Burr - Conical Ceramic
Plastic and Glass
Fine Drip / Pour Over, Drip Coffee
Care and Maintenance
- Remove lower burr and sweep out as needed.
- Catch jar is dishwasher-safe!