- Seattle Coffee Gear 1 Year Extended Warranty - $89.00 value
Nothing says simplicity and ease of use like the Philips 1200 Carina automatic espresso maker. This automatic espresso machine uses a built-in grinder and patented Philips brew unit to automatically grind and brew your very favorite coffee beans. The simple steam wand makes frothing your milk at home a breeze, and easy access to hot water delivers americanos in minutes. Optional AquaClean filtration and a large hopper for coffee bean storage round out this excellent entry level automatic espresso brewer’s affordable package. Bring the cafe home today!
Custom Drinks: Customize drink options like strength, volume, and temperature to your drink menu.
Advanced: Program everything from milk texture to coffee flavor profile in addition to basic custom drink functionality.
User Profiles: Save your just-right drink programming for every recipe in an individual user profile.Custom Drinks
Compact: 10" Width or Less
Full-Size: 10" Width or MoreCompact
Carafe: Detachable milk carafe for automatic steaming.
Siphon: A long tube that draws milk from a pitcher or jug for automatic steaming.
Wand: A steam wand that gives you control over milk temperature and texture.
None: No milk steaming capabilities.Panarello Wand
- All-In-One: The Carina 1200 grinds, brews, and froths—all in a compact coffee package.
- Panarello Steam Wand: This auto-frothing wand makes the foam for you, while still giving you control over temperature and texture.
- Programmable Drinks: Each drink button can be preset to your favorite recipe, and changed on the fly with handy dose and volume buttons.
- AquaClean Equipped: Add Philip's smart-sensing water filter to track usage—letting you go up to 5000 cups without the need to descale.
- Front Loading Water Tank: Oft-overlooked, the Carina's 1.8L slide out water reservoir is refillable without having to move your machine.
- Bean Hopper: The Carina's 10-ounce bean hopper offers ample shots between refills.
- Cost-Effective Cappuccinos: If you currently drink a couple of cafe cappuccinos a day, your Carina will have you saving money in just a few months.
- Maintenance Magic: No water worries here; easy refills and a set-and-forget water filter means less effort, more espresso.
- Simplicity: The Carina trades microcustomizability for ease of operation—a tap or two is all you need for your morning cup.
- Button Backlights: Small amber LEDs are the only indicators you get on the machine.
- Two-Step: While the dedicated brew button gives you the option to adjust your drink before brewing, once you have it set to your favorites the extra step is largely unnecessary.
Tips and Tricks
Too hot? Press and hold the coffee strength button while the machine is off to adjust temperature.
About Philips Saeco
Philips Saeco is a fine producer of superautomatic espresso machines. From offering the best value in the category with the Philips Carina, to best in class performance in the Saeco Xelsis, this is a brand that has refined and developed the perfect user experience for decades. We love Philips Saeco for their machines’ ease of use, quality performance, and AquaClean filtration, which makes maintenance a breeze. Start your espresso journey with Philips Saeco, and explore a whole world of incredible coffee.
Product Weight (lbs.)
Temperature, Dose, Shot Time
Stainless Steel-lined Aluminum
Adjustable: 3 to 5.5 inches
Warm Up: Brew Time
Auto Shut Off
Bean Hopper Capacity
What it Covers: Philips Saeco Carina Superautomatic Espresso Machine
Length: 2 Years
Who Supports the Warranty: Philips
Warranty Contact Information: 800-933-7876
Can SCG Repair? Yes, read more about our repair services
Care and Maintenance
- Wipe out bean hopper between refills
- Swap out your AquaClean filter as directed, usually every 2-3 months
- Make sure to empty your dump box and drip tray regularly
Compare Similar Machines
|Philips 3200 LatteGo Superautomatic Espresso Machine|
|Auto Shut Off||Yes|
|Bean Hopper Capacity||10 ounces|
|Boiler Material||Stainless Steel-lined Aluminum|
|Cup Clearance||Adjustable: 3 to 5.5 inches|
|Programmability||Milk Volume, Temperature, Dose, Shot Time|
|Reservoir Size||1.8 L|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||1:07|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|