- Seattle Coffee Gear 1 Year Extended Warranty - $89.00 value
Save $200 for a limited time only on some semi-auto favorites!
The Rancilio Silvia Semi-auto Espresso Machine is already a legendary and beloved espresso machine. Its commercial and cafe quality styling, endearing aesthetics, and solid performance have earned it a place on many countertops. Features like its no-nonsense interface, commercial style milk frothing wand, and 58mm portafilter add extra appeal. This model of Silvia also includes a PID controller to help produce more stable temperatures than the base model. The LCD display on the PID controller is easy to use, and can also be used to program pre-infusion and as a shot timer! This really is the perfect way to combine durability and reliability of the original Silvia with a bit of extra modern technology to give the best espresso beans in the world the brewer they deserve.
Looking for the regular Silvia? Click Here.
Beginner: Simple controls and forgiving pressurized baskets help new users brew better.
Intermediate: For the daily barista looking for finer shot controls and higher machine quality.
Expert: For the espresso enthusiast who needs premium components and cutting-edge brew features.Expert
Manual: Manual dosing and steaming puts drink quality in your hands.
Moderate: Espresso programming adds consistency to every drink you make.
Automatic: Automated brewing and steaming make espresso even easier.Moderate
Compact: 8" Width or less
Mid-Size: 8-12" Width
Full-Size: 12" Width or moreMid-Size
Single Boiler: A single boiler handles both brewing and steaming.
Double Boiler: Dedicated brew and steam boilers allow for increased consistency.
Thermoblock: A quick-heating boiler alternative for faster warm-up times.
Heat Exchanger: Flash-heated brew water and a large steam boiler lets you brew and steam simultaneously.
Boiler+Thermoblock: A traditional boiler for brewing with a thermoblock for instant steaming.
Double Thermoblock: Two dedicated thermoblocks offer instant brewing and steaming.Single Boiler
- PID Accuracy: Digital temperature management offers higher accuracy, to-the-degree temperature control, and quicker recovery when brewing or steaming.
- Pre-Infusion: Programmable infusion and dwell time makes shots easier to pull and more repeatable.
- Shot Timer: Set and save your ideal shot time for consistent espresso.
- Prosumer Components: The Silvia's survivor status is built on a steel case, solid brass boiler, and portafilter and group designs from Rancilio's commercial line that all offer excellent service life.
- Backflushable: An integrated 3-way solenoid valve makes the Silvia group easy to clean, and helps to relieve back-pressure from the portafilter for cleaner coffee pucks.
- PID Prowess: Not only does the PID get you tighter temperature control, but it also adds pre-infusion and shot time programming.
- Build Quality: There are still original Silvias kicking around from 20 years ago. A machine with this level of build-quality is hard to find.
- Single Boiler: A dual-use single boiler means you'll have to manually manage temp between brewing and steaming.
How Does it Compare?
The Silvia PID replaces the standard bi-metallic thermostats found in the Base Silvia with an electronic PID controller and solid state relay. With a PID, your machine features a much more precise temperature profile, as well as preinfusion and shot timing—making the Silvia PID significantly more forgiving then its PIDless counterpart. Want to learn more about PIDs? Click Here.
Tips and Tricks
When making a milk drink, we recommend steaming your milk first, then brewing your shot.
Founded by Roberto Rancilio in 1927, Rancilio has long been an authority in the espresso world. The brewers and grinders built by this brand present a great starting point for a home espresso set up. Their home machines are easy to get started on, but with some practice and care you’ll be producing café quality beverages from the comfort of your kitchen.
Product Weight (lbs.)
PID, Pre-infusion, Shot Time
Pressurized, Non-Pressurized, Bottomless
Warm Up: Brew Time
Yes - with adaptation
Auto Shut Off
What it Covers: Rancilio home espresso machines and grinders
Length: 1 year parts and labor
Warranty Point of Contact: Seattle Coffee Gear
Contact Information: 866-372-4734 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Can SCG Repair? Yes, Silvia and Silvia Pro X only
Care and Maintenance
- Fit blind basket and backflush with water daily
- Backflush every other week using a detergent like Cafiza.
- Ensure water softness or use filtered water before filling machine
Compare Similar Machines
|Ascaso Dream PID Espresso Machine||Breville Dual Boiler Espresso Machine|
As low as $1,335
|Auto Shut Off||Yes||Yes|
|Boiler Design||Thermoblock||Double Boiler|
|Boiler Material||Stainless Steel-lined Aluminum||Stainless Steel|
|Boiler Volume||Espresso Boiler: 0.3L | Steam Boiler: 0.95L|
|Cup Clearance||3 inches||4 inches|
|Depth||13.5 inches with portafilter||15.00 inches|
|Height||13.5 inches||15.00 inches|
|Programmability||PID, Pre-infusion, Shot Time||PID, Pre-infusion, Shot Time|
|Reservoir Size||48 ounces||2.5L|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||3:41||18 minutes|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank||Reservoir/Internal Tank|
|Width||10 inches||16.25 inches|