- Exclusive Setup Video - $29.99 value
- Acaia Lunar Interactive Espresso Brewing Scale - Black - $225.00 value
Quality: Meet technology with the Rocket Espresso R Nine One. Built with the utmost in home espresso in-mind, the R Nine One builds from the design of Rocket Espresso's commercial brethren with a saturated group, stainless brew and service boilers, and programmable dosing. The R Nine One adds to this formidable foundation with both manual and programmable pressure profiling—giving you 5 profiles for any coffee recipe imaginable. Profiles are set through the R Nine One's color touchscreen, or by hand with the group-mounted control knob. Other class-leading features include power scheduling to preheat your machine before use, PID controller temp management, and a full-stainless case and frame. If you're looking for the next step in Italian espresso machines, the R Nine One is hard to beat.
Beginner: Simple controls and forgiving pressurized baskets help new users brew better.
Intermediate: For the daily barista looking for finer shot controls and higher machine quality.
Expert: For the espresso enthusiast who needs premium components and cutting-edge brew features.Expert
Manual: Manual dosing and steaming puts drink quality in your hands.
Moderate: Espresso programming adds consistency to every drink you make.
Automatic: Automated brewing and steaming make espresso even easier.Moderate
Compact: 8" Width or less
Mid-Size: 8-12" Width
Full-Size: 12" Width or moreFull-Size
Single Boiler: A single boiler handles both brewing and steaming.
Double Boiler: Dedicated brew and steam boilers allow for increased consistency.
Thermoblock: A quick-heating boiler alternative for faster warm-up times.
Heat Exchanger: Flash-heated brew water and a large steam boiler lets you brew and steam simultaneously.
Boiler+Thermoblock: A traditional boiler for brewing with a thermoblock for instant steaming.
Double Thermoblock: Two dedicated thermoblocks offer instant brewing and steaming.Double Boiler
- Dual Boilers: Both 1.9-liter brew and 3.6-liter steam boilers feature stainless steel construction and boiler insulation for excellent temperature management.
- Saturated Group: A fully-circulated water path keeps the group head temp-synced with the brew boiler, bringing added consistency to your shots.
- Pressure Profiling: Design shot profiles for long preinfusions or declining pressure—and anything in between. The R Nine One can be programmed for 5 pressure profiles or used manually.
- PID Controller: Electronic control over temperature provides easy adjustments for different coffees and intrashot stability.
- Volumetric Dosing: Program shot length by the milliliter for each pressure profile.
- Auto-on Timer: Set your R Nine One to wake up before you do! Program up to 2 heat cycles every day of the week.
- Sturdy Stainless Steel: A full-stainless case, frame, and portafilters bring a sturdy build—and a premium look—to your kitchen or bar setup.
- Profiling Options: Pressure profiling gives enthusiasts unprecedented ability to play with shot flavor—from recreating classic lever machine shots to pour over-like low pressure cups of coffee.
- Temp Stability: A PID-controlled brew boiler and a temp-regulated group make for great shot consistency.
- Steam Pressure: The ample-sized steam boiler offers good pressure and recovery between drinks—even on common 15-amp power.
- Touchscreen UI: While the R9 One's touchscreen is necessary for the crazy amount of customization offered, the interface seems dated and clunky compared to other machines on the market.
- Read the Manual: Make sure to keep the manual handy! The amount of programming packed into the R9 can be a little overwhelming.
About Rocket Espresso
Rocket Espresso produces hand built espresso machines featuring classic elements of Italian design. With heated E61 groupheads that ensure even extraction, to elements like rotary pumps and PID controllers, Rocket Espresso machines are some of the most sophisticated on the market. These machines represent the closest you can get to bringing the Italian cafe to your countertop.
R Nine One
Product Weight (lbs.)
Temperature, PID, Profiles, Pre-infusion, Shot Time, Milk Temperature
Polished Stainless Steel
1.9 L Brew | 3.6 L Steam
Certified to NSF/ANSI Standards
Convertible - Internal Reservoir or Plumbed in
Black Friday Deal From Date
Nov 24, 2021
Black Friday Deal To Date
Nov 28, 2021
Cyber Week Deal From Date
Nov 28, 2021
Cyber Week Deal To Date
Dec 4, 2021
Dec 4, 2021
What it Covers: Rocket Espresso home machines and grinders
- Espresso Machines: 3 years parts and labor
- Grinders: 1 year parts and labor
Warranty Point of Contact: Seattle Coffee Gear, read more about Seattle Coffee Gear's Warranty coverage.
Contact Information: 866-372-4734 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Eligible for SCG Extended Warranty? Yes
Can SCG Repair? Yes, read more about our repair services
Compare Similar Machines
|Rocket Espresso R60V Espresso Machine||Rocket Espresso R58 Cinquantotto Espresso Machine||La Marzocco GS3 Espresso Machine|
As low as $5,100
As low as $7,100
|Auto Shut Off||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Boiler Design||Double Boiler||Double Boiler||Double Boiler|
|Boiler Material||Stainless Steel||Brass/Copper||Stainless Steel|
|Boiler Volume||Steam: 1.7 liter | Group: .58 liter||1.7 L | 0.58 L||Steam: 3.5 liter | Brew: 1.5 liter|
|Cup Clearance||3.5 inches||3.5 inches|
|Depth||18 inches | 23 inches with portafilter inserted||22.75 inches with portafilter||21.0 inches|
|Height||16.75 inches with cup rail | 15.75 inches with cup rail removed||17 inches||15.5 inches|
|Programmability||PID, Profiles||Temperature, PID||PID, Pre-infusion, Shot Time|
|Reservoir Size||2.5 L||2.5 L||3.5 liter|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||20 minutes||15 minutes|
|Water Sources||Convertible - Internal Reservoir or Plumbed in||Convertible - Internal Reservoir or Plumbed in||Convertible - Internal Reservoir or Plumbed in|
|Width||12.25 inches to edges of casing | 16 inches including wands | 20 inches with Controller inserted||17 inches with PID||15.75 inches|