Get your grind on with the Solis Scala Coffee Grinder! Built for entry-level enthusiasts, this compact conical burr grinder offers quick, quality grinds for your favorite brew methods. Equipped with 14 stepped grind settings and an adjustable 1 minute grind timer, the Scala makes short work of your morning grind. Best suited for drip coffee and other slow brew methods, the Scala can also be coaxed to grind for pressurized portafilters at its bottom range, making it an excellent transition grinder for the budding barista. Best of all, the Scala comes in at an affordable pricepoint while offering good consistency for everyday use.
Beginner: Stepped grind adjustments and simple controls help anyone get grinding.
Intermediate: Grinders offering accurate grind controls and programmable dosing for daily coffee drinkers.
Expert: Stepless grind adjustments and pro-barista features make these the top of the line in coffee grinding.Beginner
Manual: Manually grind your just-right dose.
Timed: Set a grind time for automatic dosing.
Programmable: Program multiple grind times for extra drink options.
By Weight: A built-in scale weighs coffee as it grinds for a perfect dose.Timed
Espresso: Designed for precision grinds at fine settings just for espresso.
Coffee: Consistent at coarser grind settings for slow brew coffee methods (no unpressurized espresso baskets).
Espresso and Coffee: Capable of consistent grinding in both espresso and slow brew ranges.Coffee
Stepped: Notched, labeled settings for easy adjustability and repeatability.
Stepless: Precision stepless adjustment allows for micro-changes to grind size.Stepped
- Conical Steel Burrs: Sharp steel burrs boast quick, cool grinding.
- Stepped Grind Adjust: 14 dedicated grind settings offer easy dial-in for Aeropress, pour over, French press and everything in between.
- Timed Dosing: The Scala comes equipped with a built-in grind timer adjustable in 5 second increments.
- Compact Footprint: Measuring in at a photo-sized 5"x7" footprint makes the Scala easy to tuck away when not in use.
- Tool-Free Disassembly: Burr access is a twist of the hopper away for cleaning and maintenance.
- Compact and Capable: Everything you need and nothing you don't, the Scala is one affordable home coffee grinder.
- Storage: In particular, the Scala's short stature and stowable cord makes it easy to tuck in a cabinet when not in use.
- Good Grinds: The Solis grinder's consistency really shines in its medium, drip coffee/pour over range.
- Little and Loud: The grinder's small size and simple plastic casing make it a bit noisy on the counter.
- Pressurized Espresso Only: While the Scala does grind fine enough for espresso, you have no effective adjustment capability down at that range.
Product Weight (lbs.)
Bean Hopper Capacity
Stepped - Macro Settings Only
Burr - Conical Steel
Metal and Plastic
Coffee Press, Fine Drip / Pour Over, Drip Coffee
What it Covers: Solis espresso machines and grinders
Length: 1 Year
Who Supports the Warranty: Seattle Coffee Gear
Warranty Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Can SCG Repair? Espresso Machines only, read more about our repair services
Compare Similar Machines
|Capresso Infinity Plus Coffee Grinder||Baratza Encore Coffee Grinder|
As low as $99.99
As low as $149.95
|Adjustment Configuration||Stepped - Macro Settings Only||Stepped - Macro Settings Only|
|Bean Hopper Capacity||11 oz||8 ounces|
|Depth||7.5 inches||6 inches|
|Grinder Style||Burr - Conical Steel||Burr - Conical Steel|
|Height||11.5 inches||13 inches|
|Recommended For||Coffee Press, Fine Drip / Pour Over, Drip Coffee|
|Width||5 inches||5 inches|