- Seattle Coffee Gear 1 Year Extended Warranty - $89.00 value
Inspired by Rancilio’s commercial cafe machine heritage, the Silvia is a tank of an espresso machine. Featuring sturdy casing, reliable performance, durability for days, and a retro-modern aesthetic, this machine is built to last. The chunky buttons and simple interface make understanding the Silvia a breeze, and the full-size 58mm portafilter will give you that real cafe feel. A three-way solenoid valve means that you’ll also be able to achieve cafe quality shots as long as you’re willing to put in the practice to learn how to use the machine. Finally, milk frothing performance is excellent with the machine’s commercial-style and barista approved steam wand. Bring home this legend today and learn why the Silvia has had such a long life espresso fan favorite!
Looking for the Silvia PID? Click Here.
Beginner: Simple controls and forgiving pressurized baskets help new users brew better.
Intermediate: For the daily barista looking for finer shot controls and higher machine quality.
Expert: For the espresso enthusiast who needs premium components and cutting-edge brew features.Intermediate
Manual: Manual dosing and steaming puts drink quality in your hands.
Moderate: Espresso programming adds consistency to every drink you make.
Automatic: Automated brewing and steaming make espresso even easier.Manual
Compact: 8" Width or less
Mid-Size: 8-12" Width
Full-Size: 12" Width or moreMid-Size
Single Boiler: A single boiler handles both brewing and steaming.
Double Boiler: Dedicated brew and steam boilers allow for increased consistency.
Thermoblock: A quick-heating boiler alternative for faster warm-up times.
Heat Exchanger: Flash-heated brew water and a large steam boiler lets you brew and steam simultaneously.
Boiler+Thermoblock: A traditional boiler for brewing with a thermoblock for instant steaming.
Double Thermoblock: Two dedicated thermoblocks offer instant brewing and steaming.Single Boiler
- Classic Espresso: The Silvia has been in production for over 20 years—making it one of the most stable espresso platforms on the market.
- Single Boiler: The single 12-ounce brass boiler serves both brew and steam temperatures.
- Steel Case: The Silvia's steel case offers sturdy service and fits in any decor.
- Professional Components: Built with the same exacting care as Rancilio's commercial lineup, you can rely on the Silvia to pull shot-after-shot for as long as you need.
- 3-Way Solenoid: A dedicated group solenoid helps purge excess pressure, preventing portafilter 'sneezes' and allowing for backflushing.
- Compact Case: The Silvia's 9.5"x11" base and 13 inch height makes it suited for the smallest of spaces.
- Built to Last: Thanks to the Silvia's robust simplicity, you can find many decades-old working examples still in use today.
- Primer: The Silvia Will teach you everything you ever needed to know about making espresso.
- Good Espresso: With a little practice, the Silvia will brew an excellent shot, cappuccino, or latte.
- Touchy: Sturdy and simple, yes—but the Silvia's wide temperature swings and unrestricted flow rate make it a challenge to operate for beginners.
- Hot Water Woes: The Silvia does not come with a hot water wand for tea or Americanos.
- How Does it Compare?
Tips and Tricks
We recommend steaming first, then brewing for better milk drinks.
Founded by Roberto Rancilio in 1927, Rancilio has long been an authority in the espresso world. The brewers and grinders built by this brand present a great starting point for a home espresso set up. Their home machines are easy to get started on, but with some practice and care you’ll be producing café quality beverages from the comfort of your kitchen.
Product Weight (lbs.)
Pressurized, Non-Pressurized, Bottomless
Warm Up: Brew Time
Yes - with adaptation
Auto Shut Off
What it Covers: Rancilio home espresso machines and grinders
Length: 1 year parts and labor
Warranty Point of Contact: Seattle Coffee Gear
Contact Information: 866-372-4734 or email us at email@example.com
Can SCG Repair? Yes, Silvia and Silvia Pro X only
Care and Maintenance
- Fit blind basket and backflush with water daily
- Backflush every other week using a detergent like Cafiza.
- Ensure water softness or use filtered water before filling machine
Compare Similar Machines
|Breville Barista Express Espresso Machine|
|Auto Shut Off||Yes|
|Boiler Material||Stainless Steel-lined Aluminum|
|Cup Clearance||4 inches|
|Programmability||Temperature, Dose, Shot Time|
|Reservoir Size||67 oz|
|Warm Up: Brew Time||1 minute|
|Water Sources||Reservoir/Internal Tank|