Take a little weight off with the Baratza Vario W+ Coffee Grinder. Designed to lighten your coffee load, the Vario W+ simplifies dosing by grinding exactly as much coffee you need at the touch of a button. Premium unimodal steel burrs offer best-in-class grind distribution across brew methods, while an upgraded grinds chamber and adjustment levers offer better durability than older models. The Vario W+ also features a load cell beneath its grounds bin, offering up to 3 programmable weight presets.
Beginner: Stepped grind adjustments and simple controls help anyone get grinding.
Intermediate: Grinders offering accurate grind controls and programmable dosing for daily coffee drinkers.
Expert: Stepless grind adjustments and pro-barista features make these the top of the line in coffee grinding.Intermediate
Manual: Manually grind your just-right dose.
Timed: Set a grind time for automatic dosing.
Programmable: Program multiple grind times for extra drink options.
By Weight: A built-in scale weighs coffee as it grinds for a perfect dose.By Weight
Espresso: Designed for precision grinds at fine settings just for espresso.
Coffee: Consistent at coarser grind settings for slow brew coffee methods (no unpressurized espresso baskets).
Espresso and Coffee: Capable of consistent grinding in both espresso and slow brew ranges.Coffee + Espresso
Stepped: Notched, labeled settings for easy adjustability and repeatability.
Stepless: Precision stepless adjustment allows for micro-changes to grind size.Stepped
- Coffee and Espresso Grinder: The Vario W+ offers a full range of grind settings for pour over as well as the range for modern unimodal espresso.
- Forte Upgrades: The new + designation to the classic Vario W design adds the metal grind chamber and adjustment levers from the commercial Baratza Forte grinder.
- Steel Burrs: Ditting-designed 54mm Steel flat burrs offer high-precision grind quality.
- Micro-Stepped: Macro- and micro-steps offer 220 distinct grind settings.
- Grind By Weight: A load cell in the base of the grinder offers accurate weight-based dosing for just-right grinds at the touch of a button.
- Programmable Dosing: The Vario W+ can save up to 3 weight preset for any brew method imaginable.
- Upgraded: Baratza's stellar reputation for build quality made this grinder a great option, but with the enhanced build quality picking this grinder became even easier.
- All Purpose: Many grinders make claims for being all purpose, but the Vario+ is one of the few to make good on that claim.
- Not Espresso Optimized: The Vario W+ remains a great all purpose grinder, but due to the built in scale it cannot fit a portafilter holder. If you're looking for a primary espresso grinder that doses by weight, there are better choices.
Few companies can balance quality and affordability quite like Baratza. Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, Baratza continues to improve and innovate while also leading the industry in customer focus and support. Baratza’s catalog of grinders includes everything from simple, efficient drip coffee grinders all the way up to precise and powerful per-shot espresso grinders. Featuring technology like grind to weight and a range of burr sizes and styles, there’s a Baratza for everyone.
Certified to NSF/ANSI Standards
Bean Hopper Capacity
Stepped - Macro and Micro Settings
Burr - Flat Steel
Metal and Plastic
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals, including Chromium, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and/or reproductive harm. For more information, visit www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
What it Covers: Grinders
Length: 1 Year
Who Supports the Warranty: Baratza
Warranty Contact Information: (425) 641-1245
Notes: Baratza has excellent troubleshooting resources on their website. If you're experiencing an issue with your grinder, definitely look here first.
Can SCG Repair? No, Tune-up Only read more about our repair services